Merrill Garnett (born 4 January 1931) is a biochemist and cancer researcher, and the founder and director of Garnett McKeen Laboratory, Inc. Holding a D.D.S. from New York University, and graduate study in chemistry and biochemistry from New York University and Brooklyn College, Dr. Garnett has had research laboratories at the Central Islip State Hospital, Waldemar Medical Research Foundation, Northport Veterans' Administration Medical Center, and the High Technology Incubator of The State University of New York at Stony Brook.
Dr. Garnett's principal laboratory discoveries reveal the presence of corollary dynamics of the genetic code by which specific DNA coded segments and cell membranes exchange ultra-low frequency sinusoidal electrical currents. According to his theory, these pulsed currents are the basis of all physiological pulses and determine the polarization, charge and folding of enzymes, nucleic acids and membrane phospholipids. The restoration of these charge transfer pathways form the basis of several new methods of medicinal management. Garnett refers to this area of research as Electrogenetics, which "describes the energy requirements, energy exchanges, and electronic circuits, which allow gene reactions to occur in the living state."
Selected abstracts and papers
- Effect of palladium α-lipoic acid complex on energy in the brain mitochondria of aged rats. Ajith TA, Nima N, Veena RK, Janardhanan KK, Antonawich F. Altern Ther Health Med. 20(3):27-35. (2014)
- Prophylaxis And Mitigation Of Radiation-Induced Changes In The Electrical Properties Of Erythrocytes By Palladium Lipoic Acid Nano-Complex (Poly-MVA). El-Marakby, S. M., Selim, N. S., Desouky, O., Ashry, H. A., & Sallam, A. (2013). Rom. J. Biopys, 23(3), 171-190.
- Effects of Poly-MVA on the rheological properties of blood after in-vivo exposure to gamma radiation. El-Marakby, S. M., Selim, N. S., Desouky, O. S., Ashry, H. A., & Sallam, A. M. (2013). Journal of Radiation Research and Applied Sciences, 6(2), 21-30.
- Palladium-α-lipoic acid complex attenuates alloxan-induced hyperglycemia and enhances the declined blood antioxidant status in diabetic rats. Sudheesh NP, Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK, Krishnan CV. J Diabetes. 3(4):293-300 (2011)
- Effect of POLY-MVA, a palladium alpha-lipoic acid complex formulation against declined mitochondrial antioxidant status in the myocardium of aged rats. Sudheesh, N.P., Ajith, T.A., Janardhanan, K.K. and Krishnan C.V. (2010) Food and Chemical Toxicology 48.
- Palladium alpha-lipoic acid complex formulation enhances activities of Krebs cycle dehydrogenases and respiratory complexes I-IV in the heart of aged rats. Sudheesh, N.P., Ajith, T.A., Janardhanan, K.K. and Krishnan C.V. (2009) Food and Chemical Toxicology 47: 2124–2128.
- Electrochemical Measurements of Isopolyoxomolybdates: 1. pH Dependent Behavior of Sodium Molybdate C. V. Krishnan, M. Garnett, B. Hsiao, and B. Chu, Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 2 (2007) 29 - 51
- Anodic Oxidation of agr-Lipoic Acid at a Glassy Carbon Electrode and Its Determination in Dietary Supplements Oana Corduneanu; Merrill Garnett; Ana Maria Oliveira Brett. Published in Analytical Letters, Volume 40, Issue 9 June 2007, pages 1763 - 1778
- New insights into the double layer structure from impedance measurements: Implications for biological systems, C.V. Krishnan and Merrill Garnett, Electrochimica Acta, Volume 51, Issues 8-9, 20 January 2006, Pages 1541-1549. Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy - Selection of papers from the 6th International Symposium (EIS 2004) 16–21 May 2004, Cocoa Beach, FL, USA
- Examining Solute-Solvent Interactions at the Electrode Double Layer by Impedance Measurements of Proteins: 2. Prothrombin, C.V. Krishnan and Merrill Garnett, Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 1(2006)283-303
- Regulation of ischemic cell death by the lipoic acid-palladium complex, Poly MVA, in gerbils. Antonawich,F.J.; Fiore, S.M.; Welicky, L.M. (2004) Experimental Neurology, Vol.189, 10-15.
Garnett wrote a memoir entitled First Pulse: A Personal Journey in Cancer Research, edited by Bill Jones, intended for the non-specialist and non-scientist. It is illustrated with paintings by his daughter, New York-based artist Joy Garnett.
Garnett is associated with a nutritional supplement, PolyMVA, that has been used as an alternative cancer treatment.
- Electrogenetics - Garnett's theoretical website and archive of selected papers and abstracts
- First Pulse: A Personal Journey in Cancer Research edited by Bill Jones, First Pulse Projects, NY; 1st ed. 1998; 2nd ed. 2001
- First Pulse: A Personal Journey in Cancer Research
- First Pulse: A Personal Journey in Cancer Research on amazon
- First Pulse Projects
- N01SE, a multi-site exhibition about information and transformation, curated by Adam Lowe and Simon Schaffer, at the Wellcome Trust TwoTen Gallery in London and at Kettle's Yard, Cambridge, 22 January - 26 March 2000
- see also: N01SE, a multi-site exhibition about information and transformation - Kettle's Yard
- Exploring sci-art: the final frontier by Kelly Morris, review in The Lancet, April 22, 2000, of N01se: an exhibition about information and transformation showing at the Wellcome Trust Two10 Gallery, London, UK
- Alpha Lipoic Acid - PolyMVA