|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (February 2013)|
||This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (February 2013)|
|Type||Private (Held by Clayton, Dublier and Rice Inc.), Subsidiary of The ServiceMaster Company|
|Headquarters||Memphis, Tennessee, USA|
|Key people||Thomas J. Coba, President
Randal Isaacson, President
Brent Armstrong, Chief Operating Officer
Merry Maids is a franchisor which sells and supports residential cleaning services franchisees throughout the United States, using the “Merry Maids” trademarks.
Company history and key dates
- 1979 - Merry Maids was founded in Omaha, Nebraska by Dallen Peterson. Dallen worked with his family to create the Merry Maids system and franchise the company.
- 1980 to 2000 – further expansion of The ServiceMaster Company’s Consumer Services business formed a network of service companies, headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee, including ServiceMaster Clean, Terminix, TruGreen, Merry Maids, Furniture Medic, and AmeriSpec.
- 1988 – ServiceMaster Brands purchases Merry Maids.
- 2007 – Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, Inc. (CD&R), based in New York City, New York, acquired The ServiceMaster Company.
- 2011 – Hank Mullany, a former Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. executive, appointed as CEO for all ServiceMaster brands. And, Thomas J. Coba, former COO of Subway, named President of ServiceMaster franchise brands, including ServiceMaster Clean, Merry Maids, Furniture Medic and AmeriSpec.
Merry Maids organizational structure
Merry Maids has 1,400 independently owned and operated franchises worldwide. Merry Maids is a subsidiary of The ServiceMaster Company, one of the world's largest service networks with locations in the U.S. and Canada as well as 10 countries around the globe.