|Origin||Warwickshire, Worcestershire England|
|Associated acts||Ocean Colour Scene, The Misers|
Merrymouth is a three piece folk-influenced band which features Ocean Colour Scene  songwriter and vocalist Simon Fowler (guitar/vocals), Dan Sealey (guitar/piano/vocals)  and Adam Barry (piano/organ/accordion/harmonica/vocals).
Merrymouth released their debut album Simon Fowlers Merrymouth on 26 March 2012. Recorded at Gospel Oak Studio, Warwickshire, they were joined in the studio by award winning folk musicians John McCusker and Andy Cutting. They toured the album throughout 2012 and 2013, and performed at BBC Radio 2’s CarFest  for champion of the band Chris Evans (presenter), The Mosely Folk Festival, and The Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Founding Merrymouth bassist/songwriter Mike McNamara introduced Simon to John McCusker and subsequently Simon presented John with the ‘Musician Of The Year’ accolade at the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards. They later became close friends, and McCusker appeared on Ocean Colour Scene's A Hyperactive Workout For The Flying Squad  album in 2005, and joined them on numerous occasions at live shows. Simon subsequently went on to record backing vocals for McCusker's then wife Kate Rusby's Underneath The Stars album.
Founding member Mike McNamara left to form The Little Ships and Merrymouth released their second album, Wenlock Hill, recorded at Rockfield Studios. A collection of new songs, Wenlock Hill again features McCusker (Violin), and includes special guest appearance from Chas Hodges of Chas and Dave. The album charted at #69 in the UK Official Album Charts
- "Simon Fowler’s Merrymouth Ocean Colour Scene". Oceancolourscene.com. 2012-03-26. Retrieved 2014-03-18.
- "Search general register office (GRO)birth records 1761-2006 | Fully indexed birth records". Findmypast.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-03-18.
- Strong, Martin Charles (2006). The essential rock discography. Canongate U.S. pp. 777–. ISBN 978-1-84195-860-6. Retrieved 12 August 2011.
- Paul Condon. "Blogs - BBC Children in Need - CarFest 2012 - one down, one to go!". BBC. Retrieved 2014-03-18.
- "Moseley Folk Festival – 29th – 31st August 2014 – Moseley Park, Birmingham, UK Simon Fowler's Merrymouth » Moseley Folk Festival - 29th - 31st August 2014 - Moseley Park, Birmingham, UK". Moseleyfolk.co.uk. 2012-04-03. Retrieved 2014-03-18.
- "Merrymouth Edinburgh Fringe Festival". Edinburgh Fringe 2014. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- "Press Office - Radio 2 Folk Awards 2003". BBC. 2003-02-10. Retrieved 2014-03-18.
- "Ocean Colour Scene - A Hyperactive Workout For The Flying Squad (Vinyl, LP, Album) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2014-03-18.
- "Music - Review of Kate Rusby - Underneath The Stars". BBC. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2014-03-18.
- "YouTube". YouTube. Retrieved 2014-03-18.