Metaphilosophy was established in 1970 by Terry Bynum and Richard Reese. "Metaphilosophy" was given a working definition in the first issue of the journal as "the investigation of the nature of philosophy, with the central aim of arriving at a satisfactory explanation of the absence of uncontested philosophical claims and arguments." The journal is published by John Wiley & Sons and the editor-in-chief is Armen T. Marsoobian (Southern Connecticut State University).
- PhilPapers Publications List
- Philosopher's Index Publications List
- Gross, N., Richard Rorty: The Making of an American Philosopher (Chicago University Press, ), p. 150, footnote 13.
- Lazerowitz, M., "A Note on 'Metaphilosophy'", Metaphilosophy, vol. 1, no. 1 (1970), p. 91.
- Metaphilosophy - Editorial Board - Wiley Online Library