Methods of Mayhem
|Methods of Mayhem|
The band's self titled album from 1999
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Genres||Rap metal, nu metal|
|Years active||1999–2000, 2009–present|
|Associated acts||Mötley Crüe, Rock Star Supernova, Econoline Crush, Jane's Addiction, The Panic Channel, Porno for Pyros, Banyan, Infectious Grooves, Beastie Boys, Hed PE, Sevendust|
John Allen III
Mix Master Mike
Kevin "Doc" Sullivan
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (August 2014)|
Lee formed Methods of Mayhem on the eve of his divorce from Pamela Anderson. Their first self-titled album was released in late 1999 and went on to be certified gold. The album featured appearances by Fred Durst, Crystal Method, U-God, Kid Rock, Snoop Dogg, Lil' Kim, George Clinton and Mix Master Mike. The band disbanded in September 2000.
Tommy Lee announced that he is reforming Methods of Mayhem, and would start recording in March 2009. Rumors of new members such as drummer Will Hunt, guitarist J3, guitarist Phil X (who had contributed to the first album), and the return of touring bassist Marty O'brien circulated. While an official touring line-up still has yet to be confirmed, it is known that each of these members have contributed to the latest album. A live performance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno saw Morgan Rose (of Sevendust) playing drums, with DJ Aero on Turntables, J3 on guitar and vocals, and Tommy Lee on vocals and guitar. There was no bass player present. Methods of Mayhem recently have been signed to Loud & Proud/Roadrunner Records.
- Tommy Lee - vocals, rhythm guitar, drums, percussion (1999–2000, 2009–present)
- John "J3" Allen III - guitar, vocals (2009–present)
- DJ Aero - turntables, electronics (1999–2000, 2009–present)
- Marty O'Brien - bass, synthesizer, vocals (2000, 2009–present)
- Morgan Rose - drums, percussion (2010–present)
- Stephen Perkins - drums, percussion (1999–2000)
- Will Hunt – drums, percussion (2009–2010)
- TiLo - vocals (1999–2000)
- Chris Chaney - bass (1999–2000)
- Mix Master Mike - turntables (1999)
- Kai Marcus - guitar, vocals (1999–2000)
- Kevin "Doc" Sullivan, keyboards, vocals (1999–2011)
|Year||Album details||Peak chart positions||Certifications|
|1999||Methods of Mayhem
|2010||A Public Disservice Announcement
Singles and EPs
- Huey, Steve (1999-12-07). "Methods of Mayhem - Methods of Mayhem". AllMusic. Retrieved 2011-10-21.
- Heaney, Gregory (2010-09-21). "A Public Disservice Announcement - Methods of Mayhem". AllMusic. Retrieved 2011-10-21.
- "Methods of Mayhem – Chart History: Billboard 200". Billboard. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- "Austrian Charts > Methods of Mayhem" (in German). austriancharts.at Hung Medien. Retrieved 2014-01-30.
- "Methods of Mayhem album chart positions in Germany". Retrieved 2014-01-30.
- "American certifications – "Methods of Mayhem"". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved 2014-01-30.