Opened in 1984, this metro links the Felskinn cable-car station (2,980 metres or 9,777 feet MSL) on the shore of the Fee glacier (Feegletscher) to the Mittelallalin (3,456 metres or 11,339 feet) in the north face of the Allalinhorn.
The tunnel has a length of 1,749 metres (5,738 ft), with an altitude difference of 476 metres (1,562 ft) between the two stations.
- List of buildings and structures above 3000 m in Switzerland
- List of funicular railways
- List of funiculars in Switzerland
- Riffelalptram, a mountain tram line near Zermatt
- Saas-Fee website
- Saas Fee Bergbahnen AG - mountain transportation company operating the Metro Alpin
- Article on Funimag
|This European rail transport related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|