STC rapid transit
View of outside entrance of Metro Insurgentes at the Insurgentes Glorieta roundabout.
|Opened||4 September 1969|
Insurgentes is a station on the Mexico City Metro. It is located at the crossing of Avenida Insurgentes and Avenida Chapultepec in Mexico City's Cuauhtémoc borough, close to the Zona Rosa shopping and entertainment district.
Metro Insurgentes was built in a particular style. Surrounding the station is a circular shopping mall-cum-plaza, called the Glorieta de los Insurgentes. The station's exterior walls are intended to evoke pre-Hispanic architecture, while the platform walls are decorated with mock-ups of platforms from the Paris Métro and the London Underground. The station was opened on 5 September 1969. Exterior shots of the plaza and metro entrance were used in the 1990 motion picture Total Recall.
This is an important station for bus transfers, connecting with an extensive local network of urban buses (RTP, or Red de Transporte de Pasajeros) that serves zones like Villa Olímpica and Tlalpan, south of the city, and Metro Indios Verdes, north of the city. The Insurgentes Metrobús bus rapid transit line also has a stop in the vicinity of Metro Insurgentes.
- "Insurgentes" (in Spanish). Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- Archambault, Richard. "Insurgentes » Mexico City Metro System". Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- Quintero M., Josefina (16 March 2011). "Chocan emos y punks en la Glorieta de Insurgentes; no se reportan heridos". La Jornada (in Spanish). Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- "SECTURDF - GLORIETA DEL METRO INSURGENTES". Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- Montes, Rafael (1 March 2011). "Quitan 14 espectaculares en Glorieta de Insurgentes". El Universal. Retrieved 7 March 2011.
- Monroy, Marco. Schwandl, Robert, ed. "Opening Dates for Mexico City's Subway". Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- "Film locations for Total Recall". Retrieved 17 July 2011.
- "Circuito Bicentenario" (pdf). Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- "Metrobús - Ciudad de México" (in Spanish). Mexico City Metrobús. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- Media related to Insurgentes (station) at Wikimedia Commons
|This Mexico City Metro article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|