|Headquarters||Jacksonville, Florida, United States|
|Alexa rank||627,291 (November 2012[update])|
|Type of site||Weblog
Metro Jacksonville is an American news website, blog, and public forum focusing on Jacksonville, Florida, U.S. The site offers news, blogs, forums and original content covering urban issues, politics, and culture in the city.
Metro Jacksonville was founded by Steve Congro, Dan Herbin, Ennis Davis, Kevin Connor, and Stephen Dare. The site launched on March 13, 2006 as a weblog with the intention to educate the public on issues that matter to cities. The site provides members a platform for discussion on topics concerning urban core, transit-oriented development, municipal policy, and politics in Jacksonville and the Northeast Florida region.
First Coast American Planning Association gave Metro Jacksonville its Excellence in Media Award in 2008. The Florida Chapter of the American Planning Association recognized the publication with its 2009 Outstanding Public Interest Group Award. In 2010, local alternative weekly Folio Weekly named Metro Jacksonville "Best Political Blog".
- "Metrojacksonville.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- Max Marbut (May 14, 2008). "Metrojacksonville.com keeps the conversation going". Financial News and Daily Record. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "About Us". Metro Jacksonville. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE". First Coast APA. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "Best of Jax 2010: News and Media". Folio Weekly. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- Official Website
- Metro Jacksonville for mobile devices
- Metro Jacksonville on Twitter
- Metro Jacksonville on WJXT