METRO Regional Transit Authority
|Headquarters||416 Kenmore Blvd.|
|Service area||Summit County, Ohio|
|Service type||bus service, paratransit, express bus service|
METRO Regional Transit Authority (METRO RTA), also known as Akron Metropolitan Regional Transit Authority, is the public transit agency serving Summit County, Ohio and the city of Akron. It operates a number of local routes, and also operates two rush-hour routes into downtown Cleveland. Akron Metro transports passengers to/from school, work, grocery stores, malls and jobs all across Summit County. METRO RTA's fleet consists of about 200+ vehicles running on diesel, diesel-electric hybrid and Compressed (clean) natural gas fuels.
- 1 West Market
- 2 Arlington
- 3 Copley Rd/Rolling Acres
- 4 Delia/North Hawkins
- 5 Joy Park/Gilchrist (5 Joy Park/Ellet on Saturdays)
- 6 East Market/Lakemore
- 7 Cuyahoga Falls Ave/Chapel Hill (some buses serve Studio City)
- 8 Kenmore/Barberton
- 9 Vernon Odom Blvd/East Ave
- 10 Howard/Portage Trail
- 12 Tallmadge Hill
- 13 Grant/Firestone Park
- 14X Euclid/Barberton Express
- 17 Brown/Inman
- 18 Thornton/Manchester
- 19 Eastland
- 23 Portage/Graham (Weekdays only, doesn't serve downtown)
- 24 Lakeshore (Weekdays only)
- 26 West Exchange/White Pond (Mon-Sat only)
- 28 Merriman Valley (Weekdays only)
- 30 Goodyear/Darrow
- 31 Stow Express (Weekdays Only, to become 51 Stow Circulator, doesn't serve downtown)
- 33 State/Wyoga Lake (Mon-Sat only)
- 34 Cascade Valley/Uhler
- 50 Montrose Circulator (doesn't serve downtown)
- 59 Chapel Hill Circulator (doesn't serve downtown, Mon-Sat only)
- 60X Northcoast Express to Cleveland via Cuyahoga Falls (Weekdays only, doesn't serve downtown)
- 61X Northcoast Express to Cleveland via Ghent Road Park n Ride (Weekdays only)
- 101 Richfield/Bath (Weekdays only)
- 102 Northfield/Twinsburg (Weekdays only)
- 103 Stow/Hudson (Weekdays only)
- 110 Green/Springfield (Weekdays only)
- 111 South Main/New Franklin (Weekdays only)
Rolling Acres Transit Center
Address: 2340 Romig Road, Akron
Facilities: Connector hub for routes 3, 14 and 9 serving West Akron and Barberton, Ohio. This hub is in the former Rolling Acres Mall parking lot. The mall has been shutdown since 2008. The Rolling Acres Transit Center still remains as of 2014.
- Address: 416 Kenmore Boulevard, Akron
- Facilities: Head office, administration, vehicle storage and maintenance
Robert K. Pfaff Transit Center
- Address: 631 South Broadway Street, downtown Akron
- Facilities: Terminus for local bus routes, suburban routes, X61 North Coast Express bus service to Cleveland, and intercity Greyhound services.
- Opened: 18 January 2009
Due to a request by Chapel Hill Mall, all buses no longer serve the mall. X60 North Coast Express bus service to Cleveland  now services a city-owned parking deck in downtown Cuyahoga Falls instead. Other buses have been moved to a street location outside mall property. The former Bakers Square Restaurant on Independence Avenue has been turned into a hub shelter for the routes 7, 10, 12, 19, 34 and circulator routes 23, 31 and 59 serving the mall at "Independence Turnaround". There are no indoor facilities.
METRO RTA service offers a number of connection opportunities to other area transit agencies.
GCRTA, a neighboring transit agency, provides connecting services between Cuyahoga County, Ohio (Greater Cleveland) and Akron METRO RTA. The two systems connect with one line in Brecksville on Katherine Boulevard, near the former VA Medical Center. GCRTA does not serve METRO RTA's Robert K. Pfaff Transit Center.
METRO RTA's "North Coast Express" routes (60X, 61X) connect with GCRTA routes in downtown Cleveland.
PARTA, a neighboring transit agency, offers services between Portage County, Ohio (Kent/Ravenna) and Akron, including service to METRO RTA's Robert K. Pfaff Transit Center, along with connections in Stow.
SARTA, a neighboring transit agency, operates one hourly weekday route between Canton and Akron starting at 6:00am, 6:45am and every :45 until 8:45pm. This route, 81 Canton Akron Express, connects with METRO RTA. SARTA route 81 also serves Akron-Canton Regional Airport from both Akron and Canton. SARTA's route services METRO RTA's Robert K. Pfaff Transit Center.
- "Akron Metro". METRO RTA.
- "Robert K. Pfaff Intermodal Transit Center". METRO RTA.
- North Coast Express to Cleveland, Routes X61
- "Greyhound.com : Locations : Akron, Ohio". Greyhound Lines.
- "Akron Metro". METRO RTA.
- "Out-of-County Connections". Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority.
- "PARTA". Portage Area Regional Transportation Authority.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Akron METRO.|