|Headquarters||225 North Michigan Avenue Suite 1600
Chicago, IL 60601, U.S.
|Key people||Kara Walsh, CEO
Jim Marzullo, VP Operations & Business Development
Metromix is a network of local entertainment websites backed by a joint venture between media companies Gannett and Tribune Co. A guide to local restaurants, bars and clubs, events, concerts and movies, Metromix is currently available in over 60 markets. In late 2009, the company launched 27 new sites to complete their presence in the top 50 DMAs. The company recently introduced Metromix Deals, a suite of new features on its websites that showcase deals and specials to its visitors who use the sites to plan nights out in their cities. Metromix also operates mobile sites, an iPhone app and in several markets, a Metromix-branded print publication or section within another publication, e.g., in RedEye in Chicago. In October 2010, Metromix launched a new section to their site which offered aggregated deals in each respective market
Originally launched by the Chicago Tribune as a local Chicago site, metromix.com targets young, socially active adults looking for an insider’s perspective on local trends and hotspots. Users are typically 21 to 34 years of age with significant disposable income and highly active social lives. It has earned various awards including the EPpy Award for Best Entertainment Site and the Digital Edge Award for Best Advertising Program.
Metromix no longer offers a national presence and all references to any city besides Chicago have been removed. Metromix.com is now Chicago.Metromix.com.
- Gannett Co., Inc. Gannett to Join Tribune and Partner on Local Entertainment Sites
- Business Wire Metromix Launches in 27 Additional US Markets
- Business Wire Metromix Introduces One-Stop Destination for Deals-Focused Social Planning
- Reuters Metromix.com Launches New iPhone Application That Helps You Find Nearby Places to Go and Things to Do
- Local Onliner
- Metromix: List of Metromix Cities
- Tribune: Gannett to Join Tribune and Partner on Local Entertainment Sites
- Metromix Deals: List of Metromix Cities' Deals
- Ad Week: Metromix Prepares for National Expansion
- The Hollywood Reporter: Digest: Date for AOL; Gannett, Trib venture
- Reuters: Counting on Metromix, Growth Update May 12, 2008
- AP: Metromix Wins EPpy for Best Overall Site Design