Metropolis (Auckland building)
The building seen from Bowen Avenue.
|Location||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Cost||NZD $ 180 million|
|Height||155 m (509 ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Peddle Thorp Montgomery|
|Number of restaurants||Wagamama|
Metropolis is a 40-storey residential / hotel skyscraper in the Auckland CBD of Auckland, New Zealand, developed in 1999 by Krukziener Properties. Commended for its style and quality, the NZ$180 million cost of its construction also led to major financial fallout. Metropolis is considered one of Auckland's most exclusive apartment buildings, and as of 2013 it is the tallest residential building in New Zealand.
- Metropolis (Auckland building) at Emporis
- Metropolis (Auckland building) at SkyscraperPage
- Fisher, David (8 October 2006). "Developer faces business probe". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 23 October 2011.
- "Police bust P lab, seize gun in luxury high-rise". The New Zealand Herald. 3 September 2004. Retrieved 23 October 2011.
- "Watch: Spiderman tackles Auckland tower". New Zealand Herals. 2013-12-11.
|This article about a hotel or resort in Oceania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a New Zealand building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|