|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Robert Marr(CEO) Jonathan Mills(Chairman)|
Number of employees
Metropolis International Group Limited, established in 1994, is a predominantly UK-based media group specialising in consumer, business and travel publishing, awards, events, public sector contracts, website publishing and reward & benefit programmes. It currently has over 200 employees and runs offices in West London, Croydon, Bolton, Plymouth, Dublin, Frome and New York. The company's headquarters are currently located in Acton, West London.
Since its foundation in 1994, Metropolis International has published For Less Compact Guides, which aim for a user-friendly design accompanied by various “2 for 1” discounts. Metropolis have launched these guides for over 35 locations including London, Amsterdam, Madrid, Thailand and a variety of other countries and cities. The maps feature a complete street index accompanied by an underground/metro map on the reverse.
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2013)|
As well as Consumer and Travel Publications Metropolis publishes a number of specifically business focused titles including:
- IEM (previously Industrial Exchange & Mart) Established in 1975 and focuses on buying and selling of new and used industrial and commercial products and services.
- UK Boarding Schools Guide Established in 1995 offers targeted marketing for domestic and international recruitment to UK Boarding Schools.
- The Landscaper Established in 1998 is a magazine for the landscaping industry’s professionals.
- Packaging News Established in 1957 is a source of news and analysis covering business issues, production, design and innovation in the UK packaging supply chain.
- Laboratory News Founded in 1971 is a laboratory science magazine. Every month, it brings news, comment, reviews and features to users and buyers of laboratory equipment and services.
- Building Products Established in 1976, Building Products is read by professionals working within the specification chain of the UK Building Industry. The magazine highlights products and innovations and their application across a wide range of projects.
- AV magazine AV magazine was launched in 1972 for the professional audio-visual sector. The AV portfolio includes AV and AV Europe magazines, the AV Powerbook Directory and numerous supplements.
- Duty Free News International Established in 1987, Duty Free News International is a monthly subscription based news publication for the global travel-retail industry. It offers coverage of industry issues with news, analysis and features.
- Independent Retail News Established in 1995, Independent Retail News is a fortnightly magazine for owners of independent convenience stores.
- Mortgage Finance Gazette Established in 1869 as the Building Societies Gazette, Mortgage Finance Gazette has been a publication for the mortgage lending industry for over 140 years.
- Motor Trader Established in 1904, Motor Trader is for automotive industry professionals. It focuses on the issues behind the headlines, presenting analysis about what is impacting dealers, repairers and car manufacturers.
Diamond Publishing Ltd
Diamond is the consumer publishing arm of the group and produces a number of publications and websites.
- Record Collector is the UK’s longest running monthly music magazine; it also produces the sector’s 'bible' "The Rare Record Price Guide" which is available in book form and via on line subscription.
- The Countryman’s Weekly is the UK’s biggest weekly country sports newspaper and also produces a number of regular specials including The Countryman’s Weekly Cookbook.
- Family History Monthly was first published in 1996 and is a title that caters for the growing interest in tracing family lineage.
- Kindred Spirit is a bi-monthly magazine voice in the world of Mind Body and Spirit.
C. M. Brough Publishing
C. M. Brough is an imprint of Metropolis International Group Ltd, and produces one publication and website; The National Plant Hire Guide
National Plant Hire Guide was first published in 1961 and was quickly established as a directory for the UK Plant Hire Industry. This online directory is split into plant hire equipment and service categories.
Loyalty and Discounts Programmes
Metropolis runs a variety of bespoke loyalty and discount programmes to a selection of corporate partners. These partners have included but are not limited to; Barclaycard, Barclays Bank, NatWest, GE Capital, Arcadia Group (Burton, Dorothy Perkins and Evans store cards), RAC, The AA, Transport for London, Westminster City Council, Toys R Us, British Airways Holidays and many other brands.
Launched in 2009, SmartSave.com is Metropolis’ self-proclaimed flagship discounts website, specialising in day trip savings. The site also offers price reductions on restaurants, hotels, theatres, experiences and general shopping with 20% being the standard discount. Smartsave uses 'discount technology' with electronic terminals being deployed in shops, restaurants and other outlets to allow customers to redeem their savings. Metropolis International also offer Smartsave discounts to consumers through a variety of distribution channels including guide books, street maps, directories and mobile applications. The programme currently runs discounts in the UK, USA, France, Germany and the Netherlands. In 2011 SmartVoucherCodes.com was launched to provide a wider range of discounts for consumers.