|Founders||Doug Hurst and Tracy Hurst|
|Headquarters||Chicago, Illinois, USA|
Number of locations
|Ravenswood, Chicago, IL|
|Owners||Doug Hurst and Tracy Hurst|
Number of employees
Metropolitan Brewing is a brewery located in Chicago, Illinois that was founded in 2008 by (former) husband and wife team Doug Hurst and Tracy Hurst. The brewery is located in a converted warehouse in a historically industrial area of the Ravenswood neighborhood in Chicago. Metropolitan focuses on brewing lagers in the traditional German style. They are the sole craft brewery in Chicago that produces only lagers. Mr. Hurst has earned a brewing diploma at the Siebel Institute of Technology & World Brewing Academy. 
|Name||Style||ABV %||IBU||Original gravity||Offering||Notes|
|Dynamo||Vienna Lager||5.8||29||13.8º Plato||Year-Round||Uses Vienna malt and Vanguard and Liberty hops|
|Flywheel||Munich Pils||5.2||45||13º Plato||Year-Round|
|Krankshaft||Kölsch||5.0||28||12º Plato||Year-Round||Recipe includes wheat and Santiam hops|
|Iron Works||Alt||5.8||45||13º Plato||Year-Round||An update to the I-Beam recipe. Uses Mt. Hood and Vanguard hops.|
|Arc Welder||Dunkel Rye||6.0||28||13.7º Plato||Seasonal||Spring|
|Name||Style||ABV %||IBU||Original gravity||Notes|
The names of Metropolitan Brewing's beers reflect the industrial history of Chicago.
Metropolitan's beers are distributed by Windy City Distribution.
- Stambor, Zak (November/December 2009) New Suds in the Windy City. DraftMag.com, found at http://draftmag.com/magazine/articles/96
- Bendersky, Ari (6/28/2009) Chicago’s New Wave of Microbrews. The New York Times, found at http://travel.nytimes.com/2009/06/28/travel/28journeys.html
- (1/15/2009) "First new Chicago brewery in over six years set to launch". BeerNews.org, found at http://beernews.org/2009/01/metropolitan-brewing-becomes-chicagos-newest-brewery/
- MacArthur, Kate (June 20, 2011) Metropolitan Brewing's Tracy Hurst thinks outside the barrel. Chicago Business, found at http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20110618/ISSUE01/306189980/metropolitan-brewings-tracy-hurst-thinks-outside-the-barrel#ixzz1Pvr3RkVa
- Kesmodel, David (3/18/2009). In Lean Times, a Stout Dream. The Wall Street Journal, found at http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123733628873664181.html.