Metuchen (NJT station)
Metuchen in 2014
|Address||Main Street & Woodbridge Avenue
|Connections||NJT Bus: 810, 813, and 819|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Owned by||New Jersey Transit|
|Passengers (2012)||3,810 (average weekday)|
Metuchen Station is a New Jersey Transit station on the Northeast Corridor Line, in Metuchen, New Jersey. It is on Main Street between Pennsylvania and Woodbridge Avenues; the platforms are on an overpass over Main Street. The New York City-bound platform and station office are accessible from Woodbridge Avenue, while the Trenton-bound platform is accessible from Pennsylvania Avenue. There is a station office but no station agents and passengers must use a ticket machine. There is a newsstand in the waiting room of the northbound platform that operates on weekday mornings during rush hour. A private concierge service operated between 2001–2003, but is now closed. There is, however, a taxi stand on Pennsylvania Avenue across from the station.
- "Quarterly Ridership Trends Analysis". New Jersey Transit. December 27, 2012. Archived from the original on December 27, 2012. Retrieved December 27, 2012.
- "Metuchen Train Station to Offer Concierge Service to Commuters". Home News Tribune. August 7, 2001. Retrieved November 26, 2014.
- Cheslow, Jerry (April 21, 1996). "If You're Thinking of Living In/Metuchen, N.J.;Battling to Retain Its Small-Town Identity". The New York Times. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- NJT rail station information page for Metuchen
- DepartureVision real time train information for Metuchen
- NJT Northeast Corridor Line schedule
- Media related to Metuchen (NJT station) at Wikimedia Commons