From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mewar Residency was a residency of British India, during the British Raj, that was one of the three residencies of the Rajputana Agency; its headquarters were at Udaipur. It included the state of Mewar (Udaipur).
- Rajputana Encyclopædia Britannica Eleventh Edition, 1911.
- Rajputana – Administration The Imperial Gazetteer of India, 1908, v. 21, p. 143.
- Gazetteers of Mewar Residency, Published by International Documentation Centre, 1906.
- Rajputana Gazetteers, Vol. II-A & Vol. II-B : The Mewar Residency/text and statistical tables compiled by K.D. Erskine. First published in 1908. 1992.
- Later Mewar, by Ramavallabh Somani. Published by Shantidevi Somani, 1985.
- Mewar Residency, by Rajputana (Agency), R.D. Erskine. Published by Vintage Books, 1996. ISBN 81-85326-54-1. Online at Digital Library of India
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mewar.|
|This Indian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|