Mexus Education is an education solutions provider located in Mumbai, India. The company works in the K-12 segment, in collaboration with educators, learners, academicians and administrators to deliver learner-driven content through appropriate interactive technology. Multimedia usage includes the use of films, graphic novels, games and hands-on kits.
|Key people||Anil Goyal|
The company was founded in 2007 by Rohit Jain, Kunal Sharma and Saurabh Saxena, who are graduates from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, a premier engineering institute in Mumbai. The company is part of the Bilakhia Group.
In October 2009, Axiom Education Private Limited announced the transformation of its company name to Mexus Education Private Limited. Saurabh Saxena, director, Mexus Education, said, "The conversion is undertaken keeping in mind our strategic business plans."
- Mexus Education is credited with the launch of India's first-ever annual paperless science competition for school children, called Iken ScientificA.
- The company also introduced an education portal www.iken.in, which allows students and learners to interact, learn and share knowledge.
- Iken books and Iken library make use of films, animations and mind maps.
Iken is the flagship brand of Mexus Education through which interactive learning content is delivered, for which Iken provides IT technology. Iken supplements the NCERT curriculum, based on age group specifications. Iken works on the principle of devising multifarious interactive learning instruments that are exclusively learner-driven and participatory. They incorporate assessment and real time feedback.
Iken Books provide educational content through graphic novels, which incorporate relevant situations and age-appropriate characters that grow with the reader. Iken Library is a resource bank of Indian curriculum, in the form of films, presentations, mind maps and hands-on activities. It offers real-time assessment and feedback. Iken Virtual School is an online, multi-dimensional, interactive community comprising students, educators, administrators and parents. Iken Interactive Systems is an iterative and assessment technology that uses two instruments, namely Iken Light and Iken Tablet, to provide digital multimedia content.
Iken ScientificA is a national level science competition that is geared to stimulate the curiosity of school children. ScientificA is a platform for students to establish a connection between curricular knowledge and practical application, experiment with what they’ve been taught and showcase their scientific talents and skills.
Commenced in 2007, ScientificA elicited participation in the inaugural year from eight cities, 300 leading schools and 10,000 students. After three rounds, eight winners were selected and honoured as Student Icons.
In 2008, 4 lakh (400,000) students representing 1200 schools across 20 cities participated in ScientificA. In 2009, a new concept called Enterprise Index (EI) was introduced, wherein every student received a learning analysis report comprising details of his performance. About 160 students went through events like Techno Maze and Junkreate testing their talent. The national finals were held at Mumbai where four finalists were declared Student Icons.
In the 2009 edition, Mexus Education in association with National Geographic Channel (NGC) and the Ministry of Science and Technology took 'Iken Scientifica 2009- Season III' to 700 schools across 14 cities. The grand finale was held at the renowned knowledge centre of Mumbai, IIT Powai and Singhania School on 30 and 31 January 2010 where 175 finalists from 14 cities competed for the prestigious title of "Student Icon of India 2009".
- Saurabh Saxena Interview: Fostering Collaboration and Learning The 'iKen' Way Digital Learning, 5 January 2009
- Axiom Education is now Mexus Education Business Standard, 30 October 2009
- Now, schools use interactive tools to make lessons enjoyable Education Times, 24 Nov 2008, 1506 hrs IST, PTI
- Axiom helps students rediscover science CIOL, 10 December 2008
- Young IITians, big deas Times of India 22 Feb 2009, 0218 hrs IST, Anahita Mukherji, TNN
- Search for Student Icon of India Education World, 7 October 2008
- City level Iken Scientific A 2008 competition Education Times, 30 December 2008
- 12 students win 'City level Iken ScientificA 2008' from Hyderabad Webindia123.com, 8 January 2009 IST
- Selected for national science contest Hindu, 9 Jan 2009
- Mumbai Class 6 student bags 'Student Icon of India 2008' Press Trust Of India, Mumbai, 2 February 2009
- Mumbai student from class 6 bags Student Icon of India 2008 Business Standard 2 February 2009, 18:37 IST
- Mexus Education announces 'Student Icon of India 2009' Business Standard, Mumbai, 1 February 2010, 20:01 IST