||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (June 2012)|
MiO products are artificially colored and sweetened with concentrated syrups. There are caffeinated variants of the MiO brand, which are referred to as MiO Energy. This version of the product contains 60 mg of caffeine in a serving. All MiO products contain propylene glycol, except those which are sold in Canada.
MiO is listed as having less than 2% of natural flavors. Other listed ingredients are citric acid, propylene glycol, malic acid, sucralose, acesulfame potassium, potassium citrate, Allura Red AC 40, Brilliant Blue FCF 1 and potassium sorbate.
MiO flavors currently include:
- Berry Pomegranate
- Fruit Punch
- Mango Peach
- Orange Tangerine
- Peach Tea
- Sweet Tea
- Strawberry Watermelon
- MiO Energy: Black Cherry
- MiO Energy: Green Thunder
- MiO Energy: Açai Berry Storm
- MiO Energy: Tropical Fusion
- Blueberry Lemonade
- Cherry Blackberry
- Cranberry Raspberry
- MiO FIT: Berry Blast
- MiO FIT: Arctic Grape
- MIO FIT: Orange
- MIO FIT: Lemon Lime
MiO products sold in Canada do not contain propylene glycol. The MiO Energy variant of MiO is not sold in Canada. MiO Sport, however, is available in Canada. 
MiO advertising initially centered around The Second City character Sassy Gay Friend, portrayed by comedian-actor Brian Gallivan. Gallivan had already been creating viral comedy videos in which this character was interjected into stories from literature or history (such as Romeo & Juliet); he began adding short dialog about the product into these clips. His slogan for the product was "Flip it. Tip it. Sip it!" Later there were two "man on the street" style videos in which he demonstrates the product to passers-by.
MiO later started an advertisement campaign with the slogan "Make it Yours, Make it MiO". This advertising featured animated animals discussing the product.
- kb (April 12, 2011). "MiO Versus Hint: No Contest", NaturalAsPossibleMom.com.
- Jones, Heather K. (May 3, 2011). "Tuesday Label Crimes: MiO: The Case of the Chemically Enhanced Water", HeaterKJones.com.
- "MiO". Kraftcanada.com. 2012-03-26. Retrieved 2013-03-03.
- Zoe Galland. "Kraft MiO ads bring in Second City’s ‘Sassy Gay Friend’". ChicagoBreakingBusiness.com.
- youtube ad. "Television Advertisement". youtube.com.