|Type||Public (TWSE: 3706)|
|Headquarters||Building B, No.209 Nangang Road Sec.1,Nangang Dist. Taipei, Taiwan|
|Key people||Matthew Miau (Chairman)
Billy Ho (Corporate President)
|Products||Server, Storage, Data Center, High-Performance Computing/Supercomputer, GPU, embedded system, All-in-one PC, POS, Thin Client, Motherboards, Infotainment systems for automotive OEM's, Automotive navigation system, Drive Video Recorder, Outdoor Navigator, Smart watch, Wearable computer|
|Revenue||$ 11.9 billion NTD（2013/09/12(Opening)To 2013/12/31）|
|Net income||$571 million NTD（2013/09/12(Opening)To 2013/12/31）|
|Total assets||$ 44.1 billion NTD|
|Total equity||$ 30.6 billion NTD|
|Subsidiaries||Mio, Magellan, Navman, TYAN|
MiTAC International Corp.(神達電腦股份有限公司) is a Taiwan electronics company established December 8, 1982. It is a subsidiary of MiTAC-Synnex Group .Through a 100% stock swap from MiTAC International Corp., MiTAC Holdings Corp(神達投資控股)(TWSE: 3706) was established on September 12, 2013, and listed and traded on Taiwan Stock Exchange under code 3706. Shifting global economic trends, the proliferation of smartphones and tablet products, the emergence big data and the growth of cloud computing have prompted MiTAC to execute the formation of the holding company, which benefits MiTAC by transitioning it into the cloud services industry with a dual focus on cloud services and client services.
On 22 February 2007, MiTAC signed a definitive agreement to buy portable navigation device (PND) operations of the Navman brand from Brunswick Corporation. MiTAC merged TYANN Computer on March 22, 2007 for its server business. Therefore, MiTAC has not only OEM business for top-five server brands, but also TYAN focusing on value-added reseller and system integration market.
Server, Storage, Data Center, High-Performance Computing/Supercomputer, GPU, embedded system
All-in-one PC, POS, Thin Client, Motherboards
Infotainment systems for automotive OEM's, Automotive navigation system, Drive Video Recorder,
Outdoor Navigator, Smart watch, Wearable computer
MiTAC was founded in Hsinchu Science Park on December 8, 1982. By 1985 MiTAC was promoted as a independent computer brand.
Adopt SMT technology in 1989, and developed the world's fastest 80386-based personal computer with 286,386, and 486-based products.
Officially listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange from 1990 to 2013 (TWSE: 2315). From September 12, 2013 MiTAC Holdings Corporation was established and listed and traded on Taiwan Stock Exchange under stock code 3706.
In 1990, established MiTAC Technology (now called Getac) through strategic alliance with GE of the USA to specialize in the national defense and industrial notebook PCs.
In 1992, they quickened the pace of internationalization, expanding its production facilities in the UK, in order meet demand in the European market. Listed as a Level-A vendor for environmental protection in an assessment of Taiwan's 500 largest manufacturers by the Environmental Protection Agency.
In 1993 MiTAC acquired American subsidiary and Compac (now Synnex Corporation) thereby increasing MiTAC International's competitiveness in the US market. and established subsidiaries in Mexico and New Zealand. MiTAC Shunde in China officially commenced operations.
MiTAC International signed a formal agreement with Compaq in 1995 to establish a strategic alliance. MiTAC International's US subsidiary Synnex successfully acquired well-known American distribution channel vendor Computer-Land in 1997.
Announced in 1999 the taking of a stake in well-known American computer motherboard design house Tyan, thereby entering the market for high-end motherboards.
In 2000 established MiTAC Computer (Shanghai) Ltd., MiTAC Computer (Kunshan) Ltd., and Shanghai MiTAC Research Ltd. to expand production and respond to strategic deployments.
In 2001 MiTAC International's US subsidiary Synnex USA completed acquisition of all shares of Merisel Canada, Inc.
In 2002 MiTAC International Group celebrated the 20th anniversary of establishing its business operations headquarters in Taiwan. They bought Tyan Computer, a specialist in the design of high end motherboards and jointly established Y.S. Educational Foundation with member companies in the MiTAC-Synnex Group. Established the consumer brand Mio DigiWalker and announced the first ultra-slim PDA products.
In 2003 Synnex Corporation of the MiTAC Group listed on New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: SNX). Mio, a MiTAC independent brand, announced the world’s first dual-band, dual-card PDA and smartphone; and the world’s first PDA with built-in GPS: Mio 168.
In 2004 Commonwealth Publishing Co., Ltd. published “The 98/2 MiTAC Vitamin Plan”, which won the Golden Book Award from SMEA of the Taiwan Ministry of Economic Affairs. Mio announced the first portable navigation product with built-in e-travel book. The shipping volume of navigation products commanded the world’s third largest.
in 2005 MiTAC incorporated Mio Technology Korea.
In 2005 MiTAC was ranked 67th in the World Top 100 High-tech Enterprises by Business Week, but dropped to 71st in 2006.
In 2007 MiTAC acquired the Navman trademark from the Brunswick Corporation, the related operating assets and liabilities (excluding cash) and the equipment of Navman Europe Ltd., Naviart Ltd., and Naviart Information Technology (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. Incorporated Navman Technology Australia PTY LTD. in Sydney, Australia and Navman Technology NZ LTD. in Auckland, New Zealand. Thay also acquired Tyan Computer Corporation. Mio was in the Top Three Handheld and Mobile GPS Navigation Devices in Q3 2007 (According to Canalys and IDC). MiTAC's high-level server products passed the Intel Qualified Server Board (IQSB) certification.
In 2008 Signed on to be the Exclusive Global Positioning Equipment Senior Sponsor of the World Expo 2010. Purchased Magellan Navigation Inc. and the Consumer Satellite Navigator BU of its subsidiary to make Magellan one of satellite navigator brands of MiTAC.
In 2009 established US subsidiary MiTAC Digital Corporation to expand the handheld GPS business to North America. Invested in Loyalty Founder Enterprise to enhance vertical integration capacity.
In 2010 purchased the system integration and assembly businesses from Synnex Corporation. Magellan launched the first outdoor GPS equipped with treasure finding games. MiTAC servers and storage devices were used at the World Expo 2010 Shanghai China. The first manufacturer to pass the ISO/IEC 20000 IT service process certification. Completed the world’s first PND PCR (Personal Navigation Device Product Category Rule).
In 2012 MiTAC unveiled its First ARM® Processor-Based Servers and Launched Mio Cyclo Series for cycling and fitness user.
MiTAC has won several Taiwan Excellence Awards. 1995 won with the notebook PC 4023 and the monitor 1766PD. 1996 Won with MiTAC notebook PCs, desktop PCs and monitors. 1998 won with the LCD PC, LCD monitor and notebook PC products. 1999 Won with the notebook PC. 2000 Won with the LCD monitor, web PDA, PDA and router products. 2001 Won with the server, router and CF card. 2002 Won with the Mio DigiWalker Series, including Pocket PC Mio 338 and Mio 728. 2003 Won with the Mio DigiWalker Series, including the Mio 339 PDA, Mio 558 PDA, Mio 336 PDA, Mio 168 GPS and Mio 8390 smartphone. 2004 Won with the smartphone. 2011 Won with the multimedia tablet PC-Valinor.
- 1989 Selected as an Outstanding Vendor by the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA).
- 1990 Won the Outstanding Exporter and Market Distribution Excellence Award (1990) from the Taiwan Ministry of Economic Affairs.
- 1992 Received award for outstanding import/export performance from the Taiwan Ministry of Economic Affairs.
- 1994 Won the Export Market Distribution Award (Japan) and Director’s Award.
- 1994 Won the Taiwan Excellence Logo with the green computer SUPERGREEN 4068.
- 1995 Won the Outstanding Taiwan Science Park Enterprise Award 1995 (3rd prize in productivity and 5th prize in the number of patents awarded).
- 1996 Won the Gold Prize for the Enterprise EDI Application Model Business from the Taiwan Ministry of Economic Affairs.
- 1996 Won the Award for International Trade 1996 from the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
- 1997 Won the Bronze Prize at the 6th National Invention Award, an approval of MiTAC’s R&D capacity.
- 1997 Won Best Choice of Computex with the notebook PC.
- 1997 Monitor won a Taiwan Symbol of Excellence award.
- 1998 Listed by the Taiwan Ministry of Economic Affairs' Bureau of Foreign Trade as #10 for import/export performance, and ranked #17 among the Top 20 Private Sector Manufacturers for 1998, as published in the Ministry of Economic Affair's yearbook.
- 2001 Received a silver medal at the tenth annual National Invention Awards.
- 2001 Ranked #7 among corporate entities in Taiwan for patent applications in 2001, a large advance from its #14 ranking in 2000. It was ranked #8 in terms of patent approvals.
- 2002 Became the first domestic vendor in Taiwan to apply for and complete certification of the government's B Plan and in doing so received an award from the Ministry of Economic Affairs' Department of Industrial Technology.
- 2002 Won the Supplier Meritorious Performance Award from SUN for the second time.
- 2002 Selected by the Institute for Information Industry as one of six companies in 2002 with the richest portfolios of intellectual property assets, and was ranked #7 for the number of patent approvals.
- 2002 MiTAC Computer (Shunde) Ltd. was ranked the top fifth exporter in Guangdong and the top 18th exported in China.
- 2003 Won the Product of the Year 2003 with the Mio 168 GPS from The Korea Times.
- 2004 Won the Service Excellence Award 2004 organized by Accenture and CommonWealth Magazine.
- 2005 Won the Best Quality Supplier of the Year from Dell.
- 2005 Won the Best Supplier Performance from Fujitsu Siemens.
- 2005 Won the Supplier Excellence Award from NEC.
- 2006 Won the Preferred Quality Supplier Award from Intel.
- 2006 Won the Supplier Meritorious Performance Award from SUN.
- 2006 Won the iF Design Award China 2006 with the H610 portable navigation device; rated as one of the Best 20 Products of 2006 by Business Week US and recommended in the Cool Gear 2006 Tech Buyer’s Guide by Time Magazine US.
- 2007 Won the Supplier Meritorious Performance Award from SUN.
- 2007 Won the 4th Taiwan Superior Brand with Mio from Taiwan External Trade Development Council.
- 2007 Won the Best Choice of Computex 2007 with the Mio C720t PND.
- 2007 Won the iF Design Award China 2007 with the Mio A702 GPS phone and P560 PDA navigation.
- 2007 Rated as one of the Potential 99 Businesses in Taiwan by ET Today.
- 2008 Won the iF Design Award China 2008 with the Mio C230 PND.
- 2008 TYAN motherboards TN28 and B4988 were ranked the 16th and 20th in the Supercomputer Institute Top 500.
- 2008 Won the USA’s NASA contract with the TYAN THUNDER N6650W s2915.
- 2008 Won the Supplier Meritorious Performance Award from leading server supplier SUN.
- 2008 Won the Outstanding Supplier Award from HP.
- 2009 Awarded the Green Partner Certificate from Sony.
- 2009 Won the Best Supplier of Year 2009 from Riverbed.
- 2009 Won the contract from international renowned websites MSN and Amazon with the TYAN S8208 and S5376.
- 2009 Won the iF Product Design Award 2009 with the Mio Moov 380 Connected PND and Mio Leap K1 dual-face mobile phone.
- 2009 Won the iF Product Design Award China 2009 with the Mio Moov S700 and S401 PND.
- 2009 Won the Best Choice of Computex with the Mio K75 GPS phone.
- 2010 The TYAN FT72 was ranked the 19th in the Supercomputer Institute Top 500 and the 3rd in China.
- 2010 Won the iF Design Award 2010 with the multimedia tablet PC Valinor and outdoor GPS-Compass.
- 2010 Won the iF Communication Design Award 2010 with the online game - I Love Green City.
- 2010 Mio was elected as the No. 1 brand of GPS products in the Ideal Brand in Consumers organized by Management Magazine.
- 2010 Won the Best Support Award 2009 from Inspur.
- 2010 Won the Best Supplier of 2009 from Dawning.
- 2011 Won the iF Design Award 2011 with the Magellan ToughCase rugged iPhone case and Magellan eXplorist 710 outdoor GPS.
- 2011 Won the CES Innovations 2011 with the Magellan RoadMate 3065 PND.
- 2011 Mio was elected for three consecutive years as the No. 1 brand of GPS products in the Ideal Brand in Consumers organized by Management Magazine, Taiwan.
- 2012 Magellan Wireless Back-up Camera Receives 2012 CES Innovations Award.
- 2012 Mio was elected as the No. 1 brand of GPS products in the 2012 Ideal Brand in Consumers organized by Management Magazine, Taiwan.
- 2012 Won the「2012 Computex Best-Choice」 with the MioCARE 6290 professional tablet.
- 2012 Won iF Product Design Award 2012 with Magellan Switch.
- 2013 Magellan Echo, the smart running watch, was selected as “Best of Outdoor Retailer Summer 2013” and “Best-in-Show” awards.
- 2013 Mio MiVue R25 back-view mirror digital video recorder got “Gold Award of IT Month”, and MiVue M300 digital video recorder for motors got “Innovative Products of IT Month” as well.
- 2013 Mio was elected as the No. 1 brand of GPS products in the 2013 Ideal Brand in Consumers organized by Management Magazine, Taiwan.
- 2013 Won iF Product Design Award 2013 with MioCARE A100 professional tablet.
- 2013 Won 2013 CES Innovations, Design and Engineering Award with Magellan SmartGPS.
- 2013 Magellan SmartGPS was awarded by AOL Autos as Best Gadget of CES.
- 2014 Won 2014 CES Innovations, Design and Engineering Award with Magellan Echo, smart running watch.
- 2014 Mio was elected again as the No. 1 brand of GPS products in the 2014 Ideal Brand in Consumers organized by Management Magazine, Taiwan.
- MiTAC#cite note-1
- MiTAC#cite note-2