5 February 1981 |
||Film director, screenwriter, actress
||Olivier Assayas (2009-present)
Mia Hansen-Løve (born 5 February 1981) is a French film director, screenwriter and former actress. She has directed four feature films and two shorts since 2004. Her film The Father of My Children, won the Special Jury Prize in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2009 Cannes Film Festival.
Her film Tout est pardonné was nominated for a César Best First Film in 2008 by the French Film Academy.
In November 2013, Hansen-Løve began filming on Eden, an epic drama about a young man named Paul who discovers the burgeoning French House music scene during the early 90s. Actors Greta Gerwig and Brady Corbet starred in the film. The film premiered at the 2014 Toronto International Film Festival.
Hansen-Løve is married to director Olivier Assayas who directed her in the film Fin août, début septembre. Together they have a daughter named Vicky born in 2009.
Hansen-Løve is the younger sister of Sven Hansen-Løve who was a successful DJ in the 90s and who was the inspiration and co-writer for her film Eden.
- ^ "Festival de Cannes: The Father of My Children". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-05-17.
- ^ Palmer, Tim (2011). Brutal Intimacy: Analyzing Contemporary French Cinema, Wesleyan University Press, Middleton CT. ISBN 0-8195-6827-9.
- ^ Brock, Ben. "Mia Hansen-Love Helming Dance World Saga 'Eden' Starring Brady Corbet and Greta Gerwig". IndieWire. Retrieved 28 November 2013.
- ^ Raup, Jordan (July 22, 2014). "TIFF 2014 Line-Up Includes ‘The Imitation Game,’ ‘Eden,’ ‘While We’re Young,’ ‘Pasolini,’ and More". Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- ^ Morris, Octavia (2010-06-27). "The film that changed my life: Mia Hansen-Løve". guardian.co.uk (London). Retrieved 2010-09-25.
- ^ Solomons, Jason (29 April 2012). "Mia Hansen-Løve: the broken heart that made me a film-maker". The Guardian. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- ^ Kinos-Goodin, Jesse (Sep 11, 2014). "TIFF 2014: Daft Punk's surprising role in French house music movie Eden". Retrieved 25 September 2014.