Miami Killian High School
|Miami Killian Senior High School|
|Miami, Florida, 36744
|School type||Public secondary|
|Motto||"Reaching New Highs"|
|School district||Miami-Dade County Public Schools|
|Principal||Thomas P. Ennis|
|Vice principal||Ciro Hidalgo
|Average class size||30|
|Hours in school day||7:20am–2:20pm|
|School color(s)||Dark green and gold|
|Athletics||Baseball, Football, Lacrosse, Basketball|
Miami Killian offers over 20 different AP (Advanced Placement) courses, With approximately 15 which can be taken for college credit if a student passes the culminating exam at the end of the year. This school was originally Garnet High School which was all black. It was changed into a career center due to integration in the mid 1960's after "Brown VS Board of Education of Topeka Kansas".
Miami Killian Senior High School is 75% White Hispanic, 5% White non-Hispanic or European American, 22% Black or African American, 1% Asian or Asian American, and 3% Sergio/ Other.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (January 2012)|
- Andy Barkett - former professional baseball player (Pittsburgh Pirates) and current manager of the Jacksonville Suns
- Raja Bell - former Utah Jazz guard of the NBA
- Steve Blake - Los Angeles Laker guard of the NBA
- Marty Bystrom - former professional baseball player (Philadelphia Phillies, New York Yankees)
- Derrick Gibson - former Oakland Raider of the NFL
- Alex Gonzalez - former professional baseball player (Toronto Blue Jays, Chicago Cubs, Montreal Expos, San Diego Padres, Tampa Bay Rays, Philadelphia Phillies)
- Charlie Greene - former professional baseball player (New York Mets, Baltimore Orioles, Milwaukee Brewers - Toronto Blue Jays)
- Randal Hill - former NFL and Univ. of Miami receiver
- Danny Hope - former Head Football coach at Eastern Kentucky University and Purdue University
- Michelle Kaufman -current sportswriter at Miami Herald & Adjunct Professor at UM. Has covered 10 Olympics and 4 World Cups. Double major at UM- Journalism and English. Married to writer Dave Barry
- Lamar Miller - running back for the Miami Dolphins
- Michael Oliveira - professional boxer
- Jean-Julien Rojer - professional tennis player
- Andy Slater - sports talk-show host
- Chuck Todd - NBC News Chief White House Correspondent
- Stephen Tulloch - linebacker for the Detroit Lions
- Keith Reaser - NFL Cornerback SF 49ers
- Ralph Santisteban: (Class of 1981) Yahoo! Fantasy Football World Champion
- "Miami Killian Senior High School - Miami, Florida/FL". PublicSchoolReview.com. Retrieved 2012-10-03.
- "Raja Bell". Basketball-Reference.Com. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
- Santisteban, Brian. "Notable Alumni". Retrieved 2013-12-15.
|This Florida school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|