Michael: Tuesdays and Thursdays
|Michael: Tuesdays and Thursdays|
|Created by||Bob Martin
|Written by||Bob Martin
|Directed by||Don McKellar
Melody A. Johnson
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||12|
|Executive producer(s)||Bob Martin
|Original run||September 14, 2011 – December 6, 2011|
Described by the National Post as a cross between What About Bob? and Frasier, the show stars Matt Watts as Michael, a neurotic young man who sees his therapist twice a week, and Bob Martin as David, his therapist who views Michael as an ideal guinea pig for the experimental psychiatric techniques he hopes will turn him into a bestselling pop psychology writer. Filmed in Ottawa, the show's cast also includes Jennifer Irwin, Pablo Silveira, Martha Burns and Tommie-Amber Pirie.
The series was not renewed for the 2012-13 season.
In March 2015, the CBC announced that the series will return with six new episodes in the 2015-16 season.
- "Camelot & cover songs: Inside CBC’s new fall lineup". National Post, June 8, 2011.
- Brioux, Bill (September 22, 2011). "PREMIERE WEEK: X Factor no new Death Star unless you're Michael Tuesday & Thursdays". TV Feeds My Family. Retrieved October 12, 2013.
- Salem, Todd (April 25, 2012). "Matt Watts mourns end of Michael: Tuesday and Thursdays". Toronto Star. Retrieved October 12, 2013.
- CBC-TV fall lineup: Broadcaster cuts Michael, Tuesdays & Thursdays, resurrects Murdoch Mysteries. National Post, April 19, 2012.
- "CBC reveals new TV shows, revives Michael: Tuesdays and Thursdays". The Globe and Mail, March 4, 2015.
|This article about a television show originating in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|