February 23, 1972 |
New Jersey, United States
|Occupation||TV Guide senior writer, actor|
Michael Ausiello // (born February 23, 1972) is an American television industry journalist and actor. He was a Senior Writer at TV Guide and its companion website, TVGuide.com. On May 28, 2008, Ausiello left TV Guide for Entertainment Weekly and posted his first blog for them on July 2, 2008. On October 4, 2010, he announced his departure from Entertainment Weekly to join Jay Penske's Mail.com Media, where he launched a new TV site, TVLine.com.
Early life and education
Ausiello grew up in Roselle Park, New Jersey. He is a graduate of the University of Southern California, and spent three years as the senior news editor of Soaps In Depth magazine and served as media relations coordinator at Entertainment Tonight prior to joining TV Guide.
Ausiello penned two columns at TV Guide: The Ausiello Report, a weekly print column that expanded into a regularly updated blog online, and Ask Ausiello, an exclusively online weekly Q&A. Ausiello contributed to the website's weekly podcast, TV Guide Talk and the weekly TV Guide Channel program The 411 with a five-minute segment entitled "The Big Five", where he commented on the top five entertainment industry stories of the week. Ausiello also had a vodcast version of The Ausiello Report.
Ausiello has also contributed commentary to media outlets outside of TV Guide, such as Today, Good Morning America, Fox & Friends, American Morning, Inside Edition, Extra, Access Hollywood, and Entertainment Tonight. He is a regular guest every Friday morning on Sirius Satellite Radio's popular morning show, "OutQ in the Morning" (Channel 109) with host Larry Flick, where they converse with callers about all things television—shows, stars, and plot lines, including scoops and spoilers.
Having garnered a number of connections with actors and producers such as Amy Sherman-Palladino, Ausiello has appeared in a few cameo roles on episodes of such television series as Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, and Scrubs.
|2013||He's Way More Famous Than You||Michael Ausiello|
|2005||Gilmore Girls||Customer||Episode: "But I'm a Gilmore!"|
|2006||Veronica Mars||Blushing Guy||Episode: "The Quick and the Wed"|
|2007||Scrubs||Obstetrician||Episode: "My Road to Nowhere"|
|2007–10||Entertainment Tonight||Himself||10 episodes|
|2009–10||The Early Show||Himself||2 episodes|
|2013||Body of Proof||Grave Digger||Episode: "Daddy Issues"|
- "Michael Ausiello – Photos, Bio and News for Michael Ausiello". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "Michael Ausiello". TVGuide.com. 2012-11-28. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- Michael Ausiello Exits TV Guide
- Nadel, Nick (2008-07-02). "The Top 10 Reasons I Know I'll Do Well at EW! | Michael Ausiello | Ausiello Files | EW.com". Ausiellofiles.ew.com. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- Michael Ausiello and MMC Announce Long-Term Strategic Partnership to Launch New & Innovative TV Website
- Gillette, Felix. "The Doctor Is In: TV addicts cut off by the W.G.A. turn to 'TV Guide' guy", The New York Observer, November 15, 2007. Accessed November 28, 2007.
- "Watch with Kristin – ''CSI'''s Jorja Fox Is Leaving the Show". Eonline.com. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "Michael Ausiello". Michael Ausiello. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "Twitter / MichaelAusiello: I am also gay and in a 10-year". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "About Ausiello". TVLine. 2013-11-22. Retrieved 2013-12-05.