Michael Brudenell-Bruce, 8th Marquess of Ailesbury
Michael Sydney Cedric Brudenell-Bruce, 8th Marquess of Ailesbury (born 31 March 1926), styled Viscount Savernake until 1961 and Earl Bruce between 1961 and 1974, is a British peer. The son of Cedric Brudenell-Bruce, 7th Marquess of Ailesbury and Joan Houlton Salter, he succeeded his father as 8th Marquess on the latter's death on 15 July 1974. The heir apparent to the marquessate, and the other titles, is his eldest son.
He was married three times, firstly, to Edwina Sylvia de Winton-Wills, daughter of Lt.-Col. Sir Ernest Edward de Winton-Wills, 4th Baronet Wills of Hazelwood, owner of the W.D. & H.O. Wills tobacco company, and Sylvia Margaret Ogden, on 17 March 1952. The couple were divorced in 1961. They had three children:
- David Brudenell-Bruce, Earl of Cardigan (born 1952),
- Lady Sylvia Davina Brudenell-Bruce (born 1954) who married Peter M. Gould in 1987, and
- Lady Carina Doune Brudenell-Bruce (born 1956) who married Anthony Le Brun on 26 June 1982.
His second marriage was to Juliet Adrienne Lethbridge Kingsford, daughter of Edward Hilary Lethbridge Kingsford, on 10 July 1963. The couple were divorced in 1974 after having two children:
- Lady Louisa Brudenell-Bruce (born 1964) and
- Lady Kathryn Juliet Brudenell-Bruce (born 1965).
Thirdly, he married Caroline Elizabeth Wethered, daughter of Commander Owen Francis MacTier Wethered, on 18 September 1974. The couple were divorced in 1992.
|Ancestors of Michael Brudenell-Bruce, 8th Marquess of Ailesbury|
- ‘AILESBURY’, Who Was Who, A & C Black, 1920–2007; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2007
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Michael Brudenell-Bruce, 8th Marquess of Ailesbury
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
Chandos Sydney Cedric Brudenell-Bruce
|Marquess of Ailesbury
|This biography of a marquess in the peerage of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|