Michael Bublé (album)
|Studio album by Michael Bublé|
|Released||February 11, 2003|
Los Angeles and Middle Ear, Miami Beach
|Genre||Big band, traditional pop, adult contemporary|
|Label||143 Records, Reprise|
|Producer||David Foster, Humberto Gatica|
|Michael Bublé chronology|
|Singles from Michael Bublé|
Michael Bublé is the self-titled third studio album and major label debut album released by Canadian crooner Michael Bublé. The album was released on February 11, 2003. The album spawned four singles: "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart", "Kissing A Fool", "Sway" and "Spider-Man Theme".
Bublé's career breakthrough came when he performed Kurt Weill's classic track "Mack the Knife" at the wedding of Brian Mulroney's daughter Caroline in September 2000. Mulroney introduced Bublé to David Foster, a multi-Grammy awarding producer and a Warner Bros. Records executive, who had previously worked with the likes of Josh Groban. Foster signed Bublé to his 143 record label, and he started recording a self-titled album in 2001, with David Foster as producer. The album features a range of standards from various eras including "Fever", "The Way You Look Tonight", "For Once in My Life", Van Morrison's "Moondance" and Lou Rawls' "You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine". Barry Gibb of the Bee Gees performs with Bublé on his version of the group's classic track, "How Can You Mend A Broken Heart".
The album was released on February 11, 2003, to worldwide commercial success. The album peaked at #8 on the Canadian Albums Chart, as well as peaking at #1 in Australia and New Zealand, and achieving 2x platinum status, and #47 on the Billboard 200. The album also peaked at #6 in the United Kingdom, achieving platinum status. The album was eventually certified 4× platinum in Canada during 2006, 2× Platinum in the United Kingdom during 2007, and 7× Platinum in Australia during 2007. Bublé also won the "Best New Talent" award at the Juno Awards of 2004, and the album itself was nominated for "Album of the Year", only losing out to Sam Roberts.
- "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart", a cover of the original by the Bee Gees, was released as the album's lead single on February 4, 2003. The single was only released in the United States. It managed to reach the top thirty of the Billboard adult contemporary chart. No music video was released for the single.
- "Kissing a Fool", a cover of the original by George Michael, was released as the album's second single on May 8, 2003, exclusively in the United States and Japan, also reaching the top thirty of the Billboard adult contemporary chart. No official music video was released for the single, despite strong radio airplay.
- "Sway", originally performed by Dean Martin, was released as the album's third single on June 22, 2004. It also reached the top thirty of the adult contemporary chart, while a remix of the song by Junkie XL reached the top twenty in Australia in July 2004. "Moondance" was released alongside "Sway" in Australia.
- "Spider-Man Theme" was released as the album's fourth and final single in certain territories, appearing on a special edition of the album released in Italy and other select areas of Europe. The single was most successful in Italy, peaking at #2 on the Italian Singles Chart.
|1.||"Fever"||Eddie Cooley, Otis Blackwell||3:51|
|3.||"Kissing a Fool"||George Michael||4:34|
|4.||"For Once in My Life"||Ron Miller, Orlando Murden||2:32|
|5.||"How Can You Mend a Broken Heart" (featuring Barry Gibb)||Barry Gibb, Robin Gibb||3:54|
|6.||"Summer Wind"||Henry Mayer, Johnny Mercer||2:55|
|7.||"You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine"||Gamble and Huff||4:04|
|8.||"Crazy Little Thing Called Love"||Freddie Mercury||3:09|
|9.||"Put Your Head on My Shoulder"||Paul Anka||4:26|
|10.||"Sway"||Pablo Beltrán Ruiz, Norman Gimbel||3:08|
|11.||"The Way You Look Tonight"||Jerome Kern, Dorothy Fields||4:37|
|12.||"Come Fly with Me"||Jimmy Van Heusen, Sammy Cahn||3:20|
|13.||"That's All"||Alan Brandt, Bob Haymes||3:59|
|Japanese Edition Bonus Track|
|14.||"Can't Help Falling In Love"||George David Weiss, Hugo Peretti, Luigi Creatore||3:49|
|Italian Special Edition Bonus CD: "Sampler"|
|1.||"Spider-Man Theme"||Paul Francis Webster||3:03|
|2.||"Sway" (Junkie XL Remix)||Pablo Beltrán Ruiz, Norman Gimbel||3:09|
|3.||"Can't Help Falling In Love"||George David Weiss, Hugo Peretti, Luigi Creatore||3:49|
|4.||"I've Got You Under My Skin"||Cole Porter||3:43|
|Australian Special Deluxe Edition|
|1.||"Sway" (Junkie XL Remix)||Pablo Beltrán Ruiz, Norman Gimbel||3:09|
|2.||"Sway" (Acoustic Mix)||Pablo Beltrán Ruiz, Norman Gimbel||3:08|
|3.||"Moondance" (Live Mix)||Van Morrison||4:08|
|Special Fan Edition Bonus CD: "Let It Snow" EP|
|1.||"Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!"||3:58|
|2.||"The Christmas Song"||4:19|
|3.||"Grown Up Christmas List"||3:31|
|4.||"I'll Be Home for Christmas"||4:07|
- Michael Bublé - vocals
- Barry Gibb - vocals
- David Foster - piano, bass, arranger
- Dean Parks - guitars
- Vinnie Colaiuta - drums
- Rafael Padilla - percussion
- Neil Devor - programming
|Australian Albums Chart||1||105|
|Italian Albums Chart||2||82|
|Swiss Albums Chart||11||44|
|Swedish Albums Chart||28||3|
|French Albums Chart||66||9|
|New Zealand Albums Chart||1||26|
Sales and certifications
|Australia (ARIA)||7× Platinum||490,000^|
|Canada (Music Canada)||4× Platinum||400,000^|
|Italy (FIMI)||4× Platinum||400,000*|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||2× Platinum||600,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Allmusic review
- "Michael Buble | Artist". Official Charts. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- "Michael Bubble: Music". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- "Michael Buble' - DISCOGRAFIA E TESTI". Musicalstore.it. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- "Michael Bublé - Michael Bublé: Special Deluxe Edition (CD) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- "Michael Bublé - Michael Bublé (CD, Album) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2006 Albums". Australian Recording Industry Association.
- "Canadian album certifications – Michael Buble – Michael Buble". Music Canada.
- Andrea Laffranchi (30 November 2005). "Bubké invita la Pausini". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). Retrieved 13 June 2012.
- "Polish album certifications – Michael Buble – Michael Buble" (in Polish). Polish Producers of Audio and Video (ZPAV).
- "Spanish album certifications – Michael Buble – Michael Buble" (PDF) (in Spanish). Productores de Música de España. Select the "Chart", enter ' in the field "Year". Select ' in the field "Semana". Click on "Search Charts"
- "British album certifications – Michael Buble – Michael Buble". British Phonographic Industry. Enter Michael Buble in the field Keywords. Select Title in the field Search by. Select album in the field By Format. Select Platinum in the field By Award. Click Search
D12 World by D12
|Australian ARIA Albums Chart number-one album
May 10–16, 2004
September 6–12, 2004
Get Born by Jet