Michael Casswell (June 18, 1963) is an English session guitarist who has toured and recorded with numerous artists including Brian May, Joe Bonamassa, Steve Hackett, Wang Chung, Ronan Keating, Rose Royce, Cozy Powell, Tony Hadley, Go West, Dean Friedman, Limahl (Kajagoogoo), Rhinos Revenge Band, and Marcus Malone.
Casswell started playing the guitar from the age of 11. In the mid-80s he was signed to RCA USA as a part of a band called Heroes. From the late 80's to the early 90's he was signed to MCA UK with the British rock band Walk on Fire, which released an album Blind Faith in 1989. In 1992, he joined the Brian May Band for the South America tour. Casswell co-wrote and co-produced Cozy Powell's last solo album Especially for You that was released from Polygram Records in 1998. From 2006 to 2008, Casswell played in the West End Queen musical We Will Rock You. Casswell has also taught guitar through many DVDs from Lick Library with an emphatic focus on classic rock and blues styles. Since 2011, he has been regularly contributing to Guitar Interactive magazine with columns, gear reviews and interviews.
In 2014, Casswell released a solo album entitled Complaints about the noise.
Equipment and style
Casswell is a keen user of the guitar's tremolo bar. He is often seen playing pre-Samick Valley Arts guitars  equipped with Floyd Rose and EMG pickups. He also frequently plays various Fender Stratocasters and James Tyler guitars. For amplifiers, he mainly uses Marshall Amplification.
- Complaints about the noise (2014)
- "Mike Casswell - Special BMG interview". Brian May Guitars. Retrieved 25 September 2012.
- Schwann compact disc catalog, Volume 2, Issues 9-10. Schwann Publications, Inc. 1987. p. 20.
- "Heroes-Here We Are". allmusic.
- "Walk on Fire-Blind Faith". allmusic.
- "Brian May Band". ROKPOOL LTD. Retrieved 25 September 2012.
- "ESPECIALLY FOR YOU, Cozy Powell". Prog Archives. Retrieved 25 September 2012.
- "Michael Casswell Biography". Marcus Malone.
- "Guitar Interactive magazine".
- "Video interview with Steve by iguitarmag.com (* Page 142 *) - September 11". Hackett Songs (Steve Hackett Official Website). Retrieved 26 September 2012.
- "Joe Bonamassa Guitar Jam With Michael Casswell Guitar Interactive Magazine Issue 4 video". NME.COM. Retrieved 26 September 2012.
- "Brian Tatler now on Lick Library". Diamond Head (The Diamond Head's Official Website). Retrieved 26 September 2012.
- "Review". Stets Metal Arts Inc. Retrieved 26 September 2012.
- Mattocks, Bob. "VA of the Month (August 2012)".
|This article on a UK guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|