Chaput in November 2014.
April 9, 1992 |
Montreal, QC, CAN
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||194 lb (88 kg; 13 st 12 lb)|
|NHL team||Columbus Blue Jackets|
|NHL Draft||89th overall, 2010
Michael Chaput (born April 9, 1992) is a Canadian professional ice hockey player. He is currently playing with the Columbus Blue Jackets of the National Hockey League (NHL). Chaput was selected by the Philadelphia Flyers in the 3rd round (89th overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
Chaput played four seasons (2008-2012) of junior hockey in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) with the Lewiston Maineiacs and Shawinigan Cataractes, scoring 77 goals and 110 assists for 187 points, while earning 238 penalty minutes, in 216 games played. He was awarded the Stafford Smythe Memorial Trophy as the most valuable player in the 2012 Memorial Cup.
On February 28, 2011, the Philadelphia Flyers traded Chaput to the Columbus Blue Jackets (along with Greg Moore) in exchange for Tom Sestito, and on April 28, 2012, the Blue Jackets signed Chaput to a three-year entry level contract.
|2013–14||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||17||1||1||1||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|2014–15||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||33||1||4||5||21||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honours
|CHL Memorial Cup All-Star Team||2012|||
- "He's Dustin the wind". Winnipeg Free Press. 2011-02-28. Retrieved 2012-04-28.
- "Blue Jackets Ink Prospect Michael Chaput to Three-Year Entry Level Contract". Columbus Blue Jackets. 2012-04-28. Retrieved 2012-04-28.
- Memorial Cup All-Star Teams
- Michael Chaput's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Michael Chaput's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey player is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|