Michael Collins Piper
|Michael Collins Piper|
|Born||Michael Bernard Piper
July 16, 1960
|Occupation||Author, internet radio host|
Michael Collins Piper is a political writer, conspiracy theorist, and talk radio host living in Washington D.C.. He is a regular contributor to the American Free Press, a newspaper backed by Willis Carto noted for its antisemitism. Piper's books and articles have also been featured by a wide-ranging and eclectic variety of websites, ranging from "left" to "right" including America First Books, Veterans Today, PressTV, the anti-Semitic Vanguard News Network and the website of Holocaust denier David Duke.
Piper was described on his website as a political "progressive in the LaFollette-Wheeler tradition." He is the author of books such as The High Priests of War, in which he criticizes the neoconservatives in the Bush administration, and Final Judgment, where he claims that the Israeli Mossad was responsible for the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy.
He has been attacked by many Jewish groups such as the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) of B'nai B'rith, the Simon Wiesenthal Center, and the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI), some of which have called him a promoter of antisemitic conspiracy theories and a Holocaust denier.
Piper was baptized as Michael Bernard Piper. Although one side of his family are devoutly Roman Catholic, he claims he was raised without religion.[dead link] He says his political engagement was inspired by his older brother's experience in the Vietnam War. Piper once said that his late brother "never completely recovered from the physical and psychological impact of the war."
In February 2006, he started a radio show called The Piper Report. Regular guests have included Mark Glenn (leader of Crescent and Cross and a critic of Judaism), former candidate for Texas state legislature Barbara Samuelson and Christopher Bollyn (who occasionally filled in for Piper).
Piper has commented about the war on Lebanon, the Mel Gibson affair (in which he lightly derided him for driving under the influence and apologizing for his statements, which Piper supported and criticized for being too weak ), and the battle between Connecticut senator Joe Lieberman and Ned Lamont (for which he showed much enthusiasm following August 8, 2006; Lamont defeated Lieberman in the Democratic primary, but lost to him in the general election). He also defends alternative medicine, animal rights and the past activities of Liberty Lobby and Willis Carto. He has been featured as a guest on James Edwards' radio show, The Political Cesspool, which has also been accused of promoting anti-Semitism.
Kennedy and King assassination theories
According to Piper in Final Judgment: The Missing Link in the JFK Assassination Controversy, Israeli Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion orchestrated the assassination after learning that Kennedy planned to keep Israel from obtaining nuclear weapons. Piper said that the assassination "was a joint enterprise conducted on the highest levels of the American CIA, in collaboration with organized crime—and most specifically, with direct and profound involvement by the Israeli intelligence service, the Mossad." Piper also seeks to tie in other John F. Kennedy assassination conspiracy theories, primarily involving claims that Jewish mobster Meyer Lansky's organized the hit, and that future president Lyndon B. Johnson staged the event from inside the administration. Piper also alleged that the Jewish organization Anti-Defamation League was linked to the murder. The ADL responded with harsh criticisms, called the claims ridiculous, and denounced Final Judgment as anti-Semitic.
Additionally, Piper has written articles in American Free Press that claim that the Mossad and the FBI conspired to set up the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr. Piper claims this was motivated by fear of King's anti-Israel statements combined with his massive grassroots power.
Islam, Jews, and Israel
Piper points to what he calls threats to the Islamic world from Israel and the United States. In 2006, he spoke on 9/11 conspiracy theories at the International Islamic Fair in Malaysia, at which 9/11 Truth movement figures William Rodriguez and Jimmy Walter also appeared. Piper argues that the War on Terror is actually a war against Islam.
Piper posits that the American media is controlled by groups that are planning to destroy the Islamic world. He says this global network of tightly-knit families and financial interests people also worked in support of the Bush administration, whose policy is controlled by Jews. Further, he argues that "Jewish and Christian extremists" have seized power in the U.S., to the injury of Islam and the benefit of arms manufacturers.
Piper also claims that the story of the September 11 attacks, as reported in the U.S. media, is untrue, although those who suffered and died in the tragedies deserve honor. He says the collapse of the World Trade Center towers was part of a planned, controlled demolition. Further, Piper claims the Mossad knew of the attacks and allowed them to happen. He is listed as an author of the book Debunking 911, published by American Free Press in 2005. Other authors listed include Victor Thorn, William Rodriguez, Christopher Bollyn, Greg Szymanski, and Ellen Mariani.
According to his biography by American First Books which identifies itself as promoting "white nationalism", Piper has been targeted by groups belonging to "Israeli lobby factions in the United States" such as the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) of B'nai B'rith, the Simon Wiesenthal Center, and the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI).
The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) has repeatedly challenged statements made by Piper. It calls him a promoter of antisemitic conspiracy theories, a Holocaust denier, and a defender of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. The group also says Piper traveled to the United Arab Emirates in 2003 to lecture on anti-Israeli and anti-Semitic themes.
Piper responded to increasing ADL criticism through his 2006 book The Judas Goat. It accuses the ADL of using unethical infiltration and information gathering techniques, such as the use of 'agents provocateurs'. He claims that he began a series of events that ultimately lead to the ADL Files Controversy some years later.
Writing in Asia Times, researcher and journalist Keith Bettinger says that Piper's views are "characteristic of an effort by anti-Semites and white supremacists to repackage themselves as 'alternative media voices' claiming to tackle stories the mainstream media in the US won't touch".
Piper was an invited to Iran to speak at a Holocaust denial conference in December 2006, and personally met with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad during his New York City visit to address United Nations General Assembly. His book The New Jerusalem: Zionist Power in America, was on sale at the conference.
Piper is supportive of Dr. David Duke. Piper, who according to website Stormfront, has interviewed Duke noted that Duke teaches at a prestigious private university in Kiev, Ukraine and is no longer involved with the white nationalist Ku Klux Klan. Duke also often features articles about or by Piper on his website.
Piper has been a defender and supporter of Congressman Ron Paul. In 2007, American Free Press published Piper's "Open Letter to Neocon Mouthpiece Michael Medved" which was also posted by Stormfront. He rebutted Medved's assertion that AFP is "the voice of the American Nazi Party", and his "equally invidious attack on Congressman Ron Paul". Piper declared "these lies are damaging not only to American Free Press but also to Ron Paul and to all good Americans who support our newspaper and who support Ron Paul." and characterized Medved as a "traitor".
Media which carries his articles or viewpoints include:
- America First Books (White nationalist)
- American Free Press
- Veterans Today (Regarded by the ADL as a promoter of anti-semitic conspiracy theories)
- DavidDuke.com (White nationalist)
- PressTV (Iranian state television)
- Vanguard News Network "an antisemitic, white supremacist website"
Piper has been an associate of Willis Carto for many years. He spent more than two decades writing for the Carto-backed newspaper, The Spotlight. Piper also published a book-length defense of Carto called Best Witness in 1994. He also promoted a conspiratorial view of the Oklahoma City bombing and attacked the Federal Reserve.
- "Controversial American Author to Give Talk in Malaysia", Malaysia General News, August 22, 2004.
- "Biography and Initiatives", The Piper Report. Retrieved 2010-01-21.
- "College Axes JFK Course", The Guardian (London), August 23, 1997.
- Michael Collins Piper, Eric Jon Phelps, Greg Szymanski (host) (May 2006). (MP3). The Investigative Journal wirh Greg Szymanski. Event occurs at 0:34:30 http://theinfounderground.com/archives/The%20Info%20Underground%20Radio%202008-07-23%20Guest%20Daryl%20Bradford%20Smith.mp3. Retrieved November 29, 2008. Missing or empty
- "Guest List". Retrieved August 21, 2009.
- Goldwag, Arthur (August 2009). "Conspiracies: The Kennedy Assassinations". Cults, Conspiracies, and Secret Societies: The Straight Scoop on Freemasons, the Illmuniati, Skull & Bones, Black Helicopters, the New World Order, and Many, Many More. New York: Vintage Books. p. 178. ISBN 9780307456663. Retrieved May 15, 2013.
- "College lecturers blame JFK's death on Israelis". Sun Journal (Lewiston, Maine). AP. August 22, 1997. p. 7A. Retrieved May 15, 2013.
- "JFK conspiracy course spurs antisemitism charges", The Dallas Morning News, August 21, 1997.
- "Library Won't Shelve This Issue; Patrons Can Appeal to Add, Oust Works", Chicago Tribune, March 2, 2000
- "Trade Fair, Well-Known Speakers at IIF 2006", Malaysia General News, April 25, 2006.
- "Group Seeks Dr Mahathir's Assistance to Reopen 911 Investigation", Malaysia General News, June 12, 2006
- "American Media Asked to Dupe People, Destroy Islam, Says Expert", Malaysia General News, June 13, 2006
- "American Writer: Mossad Knew of 9–11 Attack Plan", Malay Mail, August 25, 2004
- Debunking 9–11: Includes 100 Unanswered Questions About Sept 11. – Rodriguez, William, Victor Thorn, Michael Collins Piper, Christopher Bollyn, Greg Szymanski and Ellen Mariani.
- "Why do various forms of nationalism, to include "white nationalism," make good long term business sense for American entrepreneurs"
- Author Biography America First Books
- Bettinger, Keith.Keith Andrew Bettinger (November 30, 2004). "Anti-Semitism Peddled in Southeast Asia". Asia Times. Retrieved March 31, 2012.
- What Really Happened in Iran AMERICAN FREE PRESS * January 1 & 8, 2007
- "Iran Opens Conference on Holocaust", The New York Times, December 12, 2006.
- Dr. David Duke Interviewed By Michael Collins Piper!
- Collins Piper presents the case for dismantling our planet’s most dangerous arsenal of weapons of mass destruction Dec 27, 2007
- NEOCON’S DOUBLE SMEAR: RON PAUL & AFP
- Michael Collins Piper Rips jew-supremacist Medved On Ron Paul Smear
- American Free Press NEOCONS ATTACK RON PAUL FOR BEING ‘ANTI-SEMITIC’ SEPTEMBER 22, 2011
- Conspiracists behind the Theories[dead link]
- The Final Word on Michael Collins Piper’s Final Judgment on IsraHell and the Assassination of JFK Posted on19 September 2011.
- Uncovering the Judas Goats with Michael Collins Piper
- "A Conspiratorial Gathering: The McVeigh Triel Opens, with Theories and Strategy Aplenty". Village Voice, April 8, 1997.
- "More Congressmen Join Drive to Audit Federal Reserve". PR Newswire, July 2, 1991