Michael David (producer)
Michael David is a Broadway producer, the co-founder of and a partner in Dodger Theatricals. His productions on Broadway include Jersey Boys, Matilda The Musical, The Farnsworth Invention, The Secret Garden, Into the Woods, and the revival of The Music Man.
Prior to his work with Dodger Theatricals, he was the executive director of the Chelsea Theater Center of Brooklyn.
- Chelsea on the Edge: The Adventures of an American Theater, Napoleon, Davi. Iowa State University Press ISBN 0-8138-1713-7, 1991. A chronicle of the onstage productions and offstage troubles at the Chelsea Theater Center.
- Contradictions: Notes on twenty-six years in the theatre (Hardcover), Prince, Harold. Dodd, Mead ISBN 0-396-07019-1, 1974 autobiography features a chapter on his production of Candide at the Chelsea Theater Center.
- Hewes, Henry. "An Egoless Theater. " in Saturday Review, 29 July 1972, p. 66
- Napoleon, Davi. "Staging the Unexpected at the Chelsea Theater Center." in Showbill February 1980. Stories of adventurous productions the Chelsea moved from Off-Broadway to on.
- Napoleon, Davi. "Chelsea Goes Loco, Gears Up for Speed Trip." Courier Life Newspapers (Brooklyn, NY), 3 January 1977. Napoleon is a fly on the wall at Des McAnuff's rehearsal of "The Crazy Locomotive," with Glenn Close and other luminaries, produced by Michael David.
- Napoleon, Davi. "Chelsea's Michael David." in The Phoenix (Brooklyn, NY), 23January 1975 p 14. Profile of executive director Michael David.
- Severo, Richard. "The Chelsea: Success Story in Brooklyn, of All Places." in New York Times 28 May 1974
- Tallmer,Jerry. "A Theater Grows in Brooklyn." in New York Post 20 March 1973
- Michael David on the Internet Broadway Database
- Chelsea Theater Center articles in the New York Times
|This theatrical biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|