Michael Day (guitarist)
|Genres||Jazz, soul, funk|
|Associated acts||Patrick Stump, Taking Back Sunday, Fall Out Boy, Natalie Cole, Casey Benjamin, Derek James,|
|Custom 1998 Gibson 355 "Ruby"|
Day graduated from the Merit School of Music in Chicago as a kid, has a Bachelors Degree in Jazz Guitar Performance from Mason Gross School of the Arts at Rutgers University and a Masters Degree in Jazz Guitar Performance from Manhattan School of Music.
Michael Day also studied music in Cuba at The National School for the Arts in Havana.
Michael Day has been teaching guitar for over 17 years and has collaborated with the artists Natalie Cole, James Ronstadt, Dan Torres, Jill Stevenson, Amanda Brecker, Asher Monroe, Terre Roche, Loudon Wainwright III, Casey Benjamin, Chloe Temtchine, Derek James, Brent Shuttleworth and Obed Calvaire, but is best known for his work with Patrick Stump (of Fall Out Boy) solo project
Stump's solo project and tour was self funded to promote his album Soul Punk, which was released on October 18, 2011, and supported acts like Panic! At the Disco Joe Jonas, Kelly Clarkson and Bruno Mars. Stump has praised Day's work with the band on a number of occasions.
His musical influences include the artists Prince, Tears For Fears, Neil Young, Starvinsky, Depeche Mode, R. Kelly, Los Van Van, David Bowie, Trevor Horn, Otis Reading, Peter Gabriel, Sam Cooke, Chaka Khan, Mahler and Brahms.
- Michael Day's Twitter
- Google Page
- Interview with Save A Scream
- Alt Press News: Matt Rubano joins Patrick Stump's Band
- Montgomery, James (January 28, 2010). "Patrick Stump Records Solo Album, But Don't Call It That". MTV. Retrieved March 22, 2010.
- "Patrick Stump Reveals Soul Punk Album Details". mtv.com. Retrieved 17 November 2010.
- Patrick Stump at Starland Ballroom
- Patrick Stump Soul Punk Tour Interview
- Vulture Premieres Fall Out Boy Front Man Patrick Stump’s Solo Track ‘Explode’
- Patrick Stump at the Metro
- Through A Dog's Eyes PBS Production Credits