October 28, 1974 |
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Michael Dougherty is a screenwriter who is known for his work with Dan Harris on the scripts for Bryan Singer's films X2 and Superman Returns. He's also known for writing and directing the cult horror film Trick 'r Treat.  On October 28, 2013 at a special screening, it was announced to the surprise of the audience that a sequel will be produced by Legendary Pictures. 
Was born and raised in Columbus, Ohio
His directorial debut, Trick 'r Treat, is based on his own script, and was produced by Bryan Singer. It played at several film festivals, before being released on DVD on October 6, 2009 in the US and Canada.
His mother is Vietnamese. Dougherty is an artist and some of his artwork is displayed on his official website.
|2007||Trick 'r Treat||Yes||Yes||Yes||executive producer|
|2010||Making Friends||Yes||Yes||Yes||executive producer|
- 2009 - Won Toronto After Dark Silver Audience Award for "Trick 'r Treat"
- 2008 - Won Screamfest Audience Choice Award for "Trick 'r Treat"
- 2007 - Won Saturn Award for Best Writing for Superman Returns (shared with Dan Harris)
- 2004 - Nominated for Saturn Award for Best Writing for X2 (shared with Dan Harris)
- 2003 - Won Screamfest Best Animated Short for "Deadtime Stories"
Director Bryan Singer and Superman Returns screenwriters Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris provided the plots to four comic book prequels to Superman Returns. The four forty-page comic book prequels were published by DC Comics throughout the month of June 2006 and bridged the gap between the second Superman film and Superman Returns.
- Superman Returns: Krypton to Earth - Story by Bryan Singer, Michael Dougherty, and Dan Harris
- Summary: In the first of the four prequels, fans will revisit the Man of Steel’s origins and witness how the world has been transformed in Superman’s absence.
- Superman Returns: Ma Kent - Story by Bryan Singer, Michael Dougherty, and Dan Harris
- Summary: The second special conceived by Bryan Singer and illustrated by Karl Kerschl spotlights the life of the woman who raised the Man of Tomorrow—and explores how she survived a world without Superman.
- Superman Returns: Lex Luthor - Story by Bryan Singer, Michael Dougherty, and Dan Harris
- Summary: Lex Luthor always dreamed of a world without a Superman. How will Superman’s arch-nemesis react when he finally gets what he’s wanted for so many years?
- Superman Returns: Lois Lane - Story by Bryan Singer, Michael Dougherty, and Dan Harris
- Summary: Lois Lane has loved... and lost... the Man of Steel. How will this intrepid reporter rebound from Superman’s absence?
|This article about an American screenwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|