Michael E. Rodgers
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013)|
|Michael E. Rodgers|
8 May 1969 |
Whitburn, West Lothian, Scotland, UK
Michael Ethan Rodgers (born 8 May 1969) is a Scottish film, television, voice and theatre actor, and acting coach.
He began his film career with a role in Gia with Angelina Jolie. Shortly thereafter, he went to work with Sir Nigel Hawthorne and Minnie Driver in feature film Uncorked and renowned director Allison Anders in Sugar Town. Following success in both, he later played alongside Mel Gibson in the box office smash The Patriot and with Alec Baldwin and Peter Fonda in Thomas and the Magic Railroad in which he played Mr C. Junior. He is best known for playing the acerbic Richard Dawson in the Bob Crane biopic, Auto Focus, directed by Paul Schrader. He Currently owns A Studio called "Michael Rodgers studios"
He has appeared on various television series including NYPD Blue, Bones, CSI: Miami, Veronica Mars, American Dreams, Windfall, Will & Grace and the 2010 series Leverage (TV series) and Mysterious Ways (TV series). He also provided the English voice of Judge Gabranth in Final Fantasy XII.
He moved to Los Angeles in 1990 where he currently resides.
Rodgers was a straight-A student at St Kentigern’s Academy in Blackburn. At the age of 16, Rodgers quit school and left home for Edinburgh at the age of 16. After years learning his craft in less high-profile roles, his portrayal of a murdering heroin addict on NYPD Blue brought Michael to the attention of casting directors. Then he moved to Los Angeles, California to pursue his acting career since not many acting careers are available in Scotland.
- Bones (2010)
- Sinner (2007) — Stephen
- Stranded (2006) — Mark
- CSI: Miami (2006) — Keith Gifford
- Killer Instinct (2006)
- The Matrix: Path of Neo (2005) — Doberman (voice)
- What's Up, Scarlet? (2005) — Bruno
- The Triangle (2005) — Bruce Geller
- Red Rose (2004) — Robert Burns
- Klepto (2003) — Sandy Hauser
- American Dreams — Colin
- Auto Focus (2002) — Richard Dawson
- Killer Instinct (TV series)
- American Family (2001)
- Dead Dog Walking (2001)
- Thank Heaven (2001) — Horace
- Mysterious Ways (TV series)
- Thomas & the Magic Railroad (2000) — Mr C. junior
- The Patriot (2000) — (unconfirmed)
- Sugar Town (1999) — Journalist
- Gia (1998) — Red Dress Photographer
- Bad Day on the Block (Under Pressure) (1997) — Rupp
- Nightman (1997) — Uncredited
- The Dentist (1996) Nervous Patient Uncredited
Video game and voice roles
- Michael E. Rodgers at the Internet Movie Database