Michael E. Taylor
Michael Eugene Taylor (born 1946) is an American mathematician, working in partial differential equations.
Taylor studied at Princeton University (Bachelor 1967) and in 1970, under the supervision of Heinz Otto Cordes, he earned Ph.D. from at the University of California, Berkeley (Hypoelliptic Differential Equations). He was a professor at the State University of New York at Stony Brook and is William R. Kenan Professor of Mathematics at the University of North Carolina.
He is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. In 1990 he was invited speaker at the International Congress of Mathematicians in Kyoto (Microlocal analysis in spectral and scattering theory and index theory). He is a fellow of the American Mathematical Society.
- Partial Differential Equations, 3 volumes, Springer Verlag 1996, 2nd. ed. 2011
- Measure theory and integration, Graduate Studies in Mathematics, AMS 2006
- Noncommutative harmonic analysis, Mathematical Surveys and Monographs, Nr. 22, AMS 1986
- Introduction to differential equations, Undergraduate Texts Series, AMS 2011
- Pseudodifferential Operators, Princeton University Press 1981
- Pseudodifferential Operators and Nonlinear PDE, Birkhäuser, Progress in Mathematics, 1991
- Tools for PDE: Pseudodifferential Operators, Paradifferential Operators, and Layer Potentials, Mathematical Surveys and Monographs, Nr. 81, American Mathematical Society, Providence, R.I., 2000
- Editor with J. Rauch Singularities and Oscillations, Springer Verlag 1997
- Noncommutative microlocal analysis, Memoirs of the AMS, 1984
- Mathematics Genealogy Project
- For discussion of linear partial differential operator of Lars Hörmander in the American Mathematical Monthly in 1985
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2013-12-07.
- Eskin, Gregory (1998). "Review: Partial differential equations I, II, III, by Michael Taylor". Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. (N.S.) 35 (2): 175–177. doi:10.1090/s0273-0979-98-00747-2.
- Strichart, Robert S. (1987). "Review: Noncommutative harmonic analysis, by Michael E. Taylor". Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. (N.S.) 17 (1): 152–156.
- Duistermaat, J. J. (1982). "Review: Pseudodifferential operators, by Michael E. Taylor". Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. (N.S.) 7 (1): 277–279. doi:10.1090/s0273-0979-1982-15034-0.