|Full name||Michael Alan Fraser|
|Date of birth||8 October 1983|
|Place of birth||Inverness, Scotland|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|2002–2009||Inverness Caledonian Thistle||73||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:05, 28 March 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Michael Alan Fraser (born 8 October 1983 in Inverness, Scotland) is a Scottish professional goalkeeper currently playing for Ross County. He has previously played for Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Motherwell, Montrose and Birkirkara.
Fraser signed for Inverness Caledonian Thistle in 2002. He was previously a talented shinty player with Glenurquhart Shinty Club but gave up the sport to pursue his professional ambitions. His first team breakthrough came when Mark Brown signed for Celtic in January 2007. Fraser made a memorable save in a 3–2 home win over Celtic the following season and was first-choice at Inverness until he conceded five goals against Rangers on 1 November 2008, after which he was dropped in favour of Ryan Esson.
Fraser signed a pre-contract with Motherwell on 19 January 2009, and joined the club in the summer. He made his Motherwell debut in the UEFA Europa League qualifying defeat against Llanelli but rarely featured for Motherwell due to the arrival of John Ruddy on loan from Everton. The following season new signing Darren Randolph took the position of first-choice goalkeeper during Motherwell's pre-season and UEFA Europa League matches, again confining Fraser to the bench.
On 31 August 2010, Fraser was released by Motherwell as he did not feature in the clubs plans.
Fraser appeared as a trialist for Third Division team Montrose in a match against Albion Rovers. However, Fraser left the club only a few days after in search of full-time football, something that Montrose could not provide, despite being willing to sign the player permanently.
On 10 June 2011, Fraser returned to Scotland and joined Ross County of the First Division. In his first season at the club, he played in every league match as Ross County won the First Division and were promoted to the Scottish Premier League for the first time.
It was confirmed on 21 May 2013, that Fraser had been handed a contract extension as a reward for the fifth placed finish in the SPL.
- As of 28 March 2014
- "Motherwell tie up deal for Fraser". BBC Sport. 19 January 2009. Retrieved 28 February 2009.
- "Motherwell dismiss Swansea's bid for Mark Reynolds". BBC Sport. 31 August 2010. Retrieved 2 September 2010.
- "Albion Rovers 3-1 Montrose". BBC Sport. 11 September 2010. Retrieved 14 September 2010.
- "Fraser leaves Montrose with thanks". spfl.co.uk. 17 September 2010. Retrieved 14 December 2013.
- "Birkirkara sign on Michael Fraser". birkirkarafc.com. 11 October 2010. Retrieved 14 December 2013.
- "Club's decisions about resignation and contracts". birkirkarafc.com. 19 May 2011. Retrieved 14 December 2013.
- "Stuart Balmer to assist Derek Adams at Ross County". BBC Sport. 9 June 2011. Retrieved 11 June 2011.
- "Adams hands contract to nine players". football365. 21 May 2013.