Michael Fullilove is the author of Rendezvous with Destiny: How Franklin D. Roosevelt and Five Extraordinary Men Took America into the War and into the World, published by The Penguin Press in 2013.
He writes widely on global issues in publications including The Sydney Morning Herald, The Australian, The Australian Financial Review, The New York Times, The Financial Times, The Washington Post, The Daily Beast, The National Interest  and Foreign Affairs. He is a sought-after media commentator and speaker in Australia and abroad. He was the editor of ‘Men and Women of Australia!’ Our Greatest Modern Speeches, a second edition of which will shortly be published by Penguin.
Early life and education
He graduated from the University of Sydney with a B.A. with First-Class Honours and the University Medal in 1994 and the University of New South Wales with the University Medal in 1998. He also studied as a Rhodes Scholar at the University of Oxford, where he took a master's degree and a doctorate in international relations.
Fullilove is the executive director of the Lowy Institute for International Policy in Sydney, Australia. He wrote the feasibility study for the Institute in 2002 and served as the director of its global issues program for most of its first decade. He was appointed executive director in August 2012. He has also worked as a visiting fellow at the Brookings Institution in Washington, DC, an adviser to Prime Minister Paul Keating, and a lawyer. He remains a nonresident senior fellow at Brookings.
Michael Fullilove lives in Sydney with his wife Gillian and their three sons.
- 'The audacity of reasonableness: Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, US foreign policy and Australia', Lowy Institute Paper, October 2012.
- ‘A place at the top table’, Griffith Review 28, 2010.
- ‘President of the world.’ Australian Literary Review, February 2009.
- ‘Hope or glory? The presidential election and U.S. foreign policy.’ Brookings Policy Paper 9, October 2008.
- World wide webs: Diasporas and the international system. Lowy Institute Paper 22, 2008.
- Still Looking To America: Labor and the US alliance, John Curtin Prime Ministerial Library Visiting Scholar's Public Lecture, August 2007.
- ‘Capital punishment and Australian foreign policy’, Lowy Institute, August 2006.
- ‘Men and Women of Australia!’ Our Greatest Modern Speeches. Vintage, 2005.
- Diaspora: The world wide web of Australians. Lowy Institute Paper 04, 2005.
- Fullilove, Michael (15 December 2008). "Op-Ed Contributor – Mr. Obama’s First Trip". The New York Times. Indonesia. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "InfoViewer: Obama ought to take up cricket". Us.ft.com. 28 August 2003. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "/ Comment / Opinion – America’s ‘Seinfeld’ strategy in Iraq". Financial Times. 29 March 2007. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- Michael Fullilove (18 September 2010). "Obama at the UN: The World's Community Organizer". The Daily Beast. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- Michael Fullilove (16 May 2009). "How Obama Divides—and Conquers". The Daily Beast. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Commentary: Barack Obama v. John Howard". The National Interest. 13 February 2007. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- Fullilove, Michael (12 March 2009). "Send the Envoy". Foreign Affairs. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- Perlman, Elliot. "Books – Random House Books Australia". Randomhouse.com.au. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- Rhodes scholars - Alumni & Friends - The University of Sydney
- Meet our Alumni | UNSW LAW
|This biographical article about an Australian historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|