|Full name||Michael Gardyne|
|Date of birth||23 January 1986|
|Place of birth||Dundee, Scotland|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|2006–2007||→ Ross County (loan)||32||(6)|
|2013-2014||→ Kilmarnock (loan)||23||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 02:40, 27 April 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Dundee, Gardyne began his career with Celtic, the team he supported as a young Dundonian. He signed a senior deal in 2004 and was tipped to be one of the "next crop of youngsters to emerge" but found first-team opportunities limited and spent his first two seasons at Celtic Park in the reserve team.
After returning to Celtic Park, Gardyne left permanently and joined Greenock Morton on a free transfer in 31 August 2007, having worked with Ton manager Jim McInally previously in Celtic's youth team. The move lasted just five months, however and Gardyne moved back to Ross County in January 2008, going on to help County win the Second Division title that season. Gardyne's form in the 2009–10 season saw him nominated for the Scottish Football League First Division Player of the Year and gain a Scottish Cup runners-up medal. The following season, Gardyne tasted cup success again when County won the Challenge Cup for the second time in three seasons.
Out of contract at the end of the 2011–12 season, Gardyne signed a pre-contract agreement with hometown Scottish Premier League club Dundee United in January 2012, some 18 months after the move was first rumoured. In early August, Gardyne scored on his league debut in the victory against Hibernian, appearing as a late substitute.
- Scottish First Division (1): 2011–12
- Scottish Cup runners-up (1): 2009–10
- Scottish Second Division (1): 2007–08
- Scottish Challenge Cup (2): 2006–07, 2010–11
- As of 27 April 2014
|Ross County (loan)||2006–07||32||6||1||0||2||0||3||0||38||6|
- 1Includes other competitive competitions, including the Scottish League Challenge Cup
- "Scotland to emerge from darkness". BBC Sport. 15 October 2004. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- "Du Wei comes through Celtic debut". BBC Sport. 14 September 2005. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- "Airdrie United 0–2 Ross County". BBC Sport. 5 August 2006. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- "Ross County 1–1 Clyde (aet)". BBC Sport. 12 November 2006. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- "Morton sign Russell and Gardyne". BBC Sport. 31 August 2007. Retrieved 1 September 2007.
- "Rangers quartet vie for Player of the Year award". BBC Sport. 15 April 2010. Retrieved 13 January 2012.
- "Ross County's Michael Gardyne set to join Dundee United". BBC Sport. 10 January 2012. Retrieved 11 January 2012.
- "Friday's Scottish gossip". BBC Sport. 30 July 2010. Retrieved 13 January 2012.
- "Kilmarnock land Michael Gardyne on loan from Dundee Utd". BBC Sport. 30 August 2013. Retrieved 31 August 2013.
- . Express Sport. 6 January 2014 http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/452191/Killie-can-keep-loan-pair. Retrieved 6 January 2014. Missing or empty