Michael Garrison (musician)
|Birth name||Michael Earl Garrison|
November 28, 1956|
Roseburg, Oregon, USA
|Died||24 March 2004
Bend, Oregon, USA
|Genres||Ambient music, electronic music|
Life and career
Michael Earl Garrison was born in Roseburg, Oregon, on November 28, 1956 to William Garrison and Sharon (Walker) Curry. His father worked as a banker and his mother was a homemaker. Michael Garrison died on March 24, 2004 in Bend, Oregon, of natural causes.
Garrison graduated from Bend High School in 1975 and attended the University of Idaho where he served as the president of the Central Oregon chapter of the University of Oregon Duck Athletic Club. While studying music at the University of Idaho, he started to form the basis for his first release on his own label, Windspell Records, later known as Garrisongs Music. The original work was titled In The Regions of Sunreturn and Beyond and was created under the impression of the Voyager missions. Later he signed with BMG in 1980, the title was changed to In The Regions of Sunreturn.
- In the Regions of Sunreturn (1979)
- Prisms (1981)
- Eclipse (1982)
- Point of Impact (1983)
- Images (1986)
- Aurora Dawn (1988)
- An Earth-Star Trilogy (1989)
- The Rhythm of Life (1991)
- Live: Volume 1 (1995)
- Live: Volume 2 (1995)
- Brave New Worlds (1998)
Best of compilations
- A Positive Reflecting Glow (1992)
- Tranquility Cove (1992)
- Wolkenreise: Zwischen Traum und Phantasie (1985)
- To the Sky and Beyond the Stars: A Tribute to Michael Garrison (2005)
- official web page at the Wayback Machine (archived October 24, 2005).
- Michael Garrison at AllMusic
- Michael Garrison at Discogs
- Mark S. Tucker, Perfect Sound Forever: Michael Garrison, April 2007. Retrieved on July 3, 2008.
- Music blog on Michael Garrison, with various further links
- Michael Garrison, a belated farewell
- Several tracks of Michael Garrison can be listened to at YouTube, e.g. the Search on YouTube from the album "In the regions of Sunreturn".