Precedence Health Care
|Alma mater||Melbourne University
Imperial College London
Georgeff is a former program director in the Artificial Intelligence Center at SRI International, Menlo Park, California, and former director of the Australian Artificial Intelligence Institute Ltd., at the University of Melbourne. Georgeff is Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Precedence Health Care and Professor in the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences at Monash University.
Early life and education
While at SRI International, Georgeff was involved in the development of the Procedural Reasoning System and its application to monitor the Reaction Control System of the NASA Space Shuttle Discovery in 1997. Georgeff's work on PRS popularized the field of Intelligent agents and defined the Belief-Desire-Intention software model for programming intelligent agents. In 1988, Georgeff was invited back to Australia to start the Australian Artificial Intelligence Institute which continued work developing and commercializing intelligent agent technology. While at the AAII, Georgeff started Agentis International to explore the commercialization of Intelligent agent technology.
Georgeff was instrumental in at least the following contributions to the field of Intelligent Software Agents: Procedural Reasoning System: An intelligent agent architecture and framework and seminal example of the BDI software model; and Belief-Desire-Intention software model: An intentional software framework for programming intelligent agents based on the BDI cognitive model.
In the early 2000s, Georgeff joined Monash University as director of the e-Health Research Unit of the Monash Institute of Health Services Research, to investigate the application of advanced ICT to health and medicine. Georgeff founded and is CEO of Precedence Health Care, a company dedicated to investigating the commercialization of eHealth technology.
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (February 2012)|
- "Making space for big ideas". The Age. 18 November 2004. Retrieved 10 Feb 2012.
- Michael Peter Georgeff, Anand S. Rao (Dec 1996). "A profile of the Australian Artificial Intelligence Institute" 11 (6). IEEE Intelligent Systems. pp. 89–92.
- "G’DAY WORLD #258 - Professor Michael Georgeff on e-Health". No Illusions Podcast. 29 June 2007. Retrieved 10 Feb 2012.
- "A Match Made in Space". Spinoff. 2006. Retrieved 10 Feb 2012.
- Agentis Software
- DBLP: Michael P. Georgeff
- Monash University e-Health Research Unit
- Precedence Health Care Homepage
- Michael Georgeff profile on LinkedIn