|Attorney General of Alaska|
April 10, 2012
|Preceded by||John J. Burns|
|Born||Michael C. Geraghty
July 21, 1952
|Alma mater||University of Hawaii (B.A.)
Santa Clara University School of Law (J.D.)
Michael C. Geraghty (born July 21, 1952) is an American lawyer who serves as the Attorney General of Alaska. He was nominated for this position by Governor Sean Parnell, confirmed by the Alaska Senate and sworn in on April 10, 2012.
Prior to his appointment as AG, Geraghty was a lawyer in private practice. Geraghty is also a commissioner with the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws.
Geraghty was born in Fairbanks, Alaska. He received his undergraduate degree in Political Science from the University of Hawaii in 1974 and his J.D. from the Santa Clara University School of Law in 1978. He is married with five children and lives in Anchorage, Alaska.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe (May 22, 2013). "2012 guide to the state attorneys general". Orrick.com.
- "Attorney Michael C Geraghty | Lawyer in Anchorage AK". Lawyercentral.com. 1952-07-21. Retrieved 2013-08-25.
- "Michael Geraghty". NAAG. Retrieved 2013-08-25.
- "Press Release - Alaska Governor Sean Parnell". Gov.alaska.gov. 2012-01-12. Retrieved 2013-08-25.
- "Geraghty OK'd as attorney general | Legislature". ADN.com. 2012-04-10. Retrieved 2013-08-25.
|This article about an Alaska politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This American law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|