Michael Goldenberg (born 1965) is an American playwright, Hollywood screenwriter, and film director.
Goldenberg was the screenwriter and director of Bed of Roses in 1996. He was the co-screenwriter for the film adaptation of Contact and co-adapted the 2003 live-action version of Peter Pan with director P.J. Hogan. He is also the screenwriter for the fifth Harry Potter film Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007).
Goldenberg was selected to write the screenplay for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in November 2004 when Steve Kloves, who had adapted the previous four Harry Potter books, turned down the opportunity to do the fifth film due to exhaustion and an interest in pursuing other projects. The BBC reported Goldenberg was to write and direct a futuristic drama for Warner Bros. afterward. He was also one of the screenwriters for the superhero movie Green Lantern, having rewritten the script for director Martin Campbell. In August 2010, Goldenberg was hired to write the screenplay for Green Lantern 2.
He also co-wrote (with Geoff Johns) the Green Lantern Prequel Special: SINESTRO #1 for DC Comics (featuring Sinestro from the Green Lantern film). It had a Movie art cover (using a still from the film) and internal art by Fernando_Dagnino_Guerra. The comic was one of 5 different comic Prequel Specials.
- Bed of Roses (1996) (Director/Screenplay)
- Contact (1997) (Screenplay)
- Peter Pan (2003) (Screenplay)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) (Screenplay)
- Green Lantern (2011) (Screenplay)
- http://www.veritaserum.com/movies/movie5/michaelgoldenberg.shtml However, Kloves would later return for those of Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows. Veritaserum.com Retrieved on 05-29-07
- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4402982.stm News.bbc.co.uk Retrieved on 05-29-07
- http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118013888.html?categoryid=13&cs=1 Variety Retrieved on January 25, 2010
- Variety Retrieved on August 9, 2010
- Mullin, Pamela (February 10, 2011). "green-lantern-prequels-to-be-published-this-may". DC comics.com. Retrieved February 9, 2012.