|Education||Art Center College of Design|
|Notable work||Morphine, Vasoline, Gummer, Daddy's Girl, Cherry Pie, White Rooster, Hans Memling, Lamb of God, White Devil, Flown, Still Life With A Smile, Pope Innocent XXX, Ecstasy of Christ, Rx, Lovers Eye|
|Movement||American Baroque (art movement)|
|Patron(s)||Warren Beatty, Leonardo DiCaprio, Francis Ford Coppola, Mark Parker|
Michael Hussar creates original oil paintings. Trained by painters Richard Bunkall, Dwight Harmon, and Judy Crook; and draftsmen Harry Carmean and Burne Hogarth. Taught Portraiture-Head Painting for almost 10 years at Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA and continues to teach portrait painting workshops in the United States and Europe. He currently lives in Rome, Italy.
Hussar's oil paintings and drawings are very provocative and often somewhat objectionable because they are intensely realistic.
- Featured in Hi Fructose Magazine Volume 12
- Featured in Juxtapoz Magazine, Sept/Oct 2005 #58
- Red Red Robin, Nov 11 - Dec 10 2006, Mendenhall Sobieski Gallery in Pasadena, CA
- Barocca, Dec 5-28 2003, La Luz de Jesus
- Pretty Pink Spade, Nov 1 - Dec 1 2002, La Luz de Jesus