Michael J. Moldaver
Michael J. Moldaver
|79th Puisne Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada|
October 21, 2011
|Nominated by||Stephen Harper|
|Preceded by||Ian Binnie/Louise Charron|
December 23, 1947 |
|Alma mater||University of Toronto
University of Toronto Faculty of Law
Education and early career
A native of Peterborough, Ontario, Justice Moldaver earned a B.A. from the University of Toronto, before completing his legal training at the school's Faculty of Law, where he graduated in 1971 as a Gold Medalist. He was called to the Bar of Ontario in 1973. While in practice, he specialized in criminal law and at one time partners with Edward Greenspan.
Justice Moldaver was appointed to the High Court of Justice of the Supreme Court of Ontario (now known as the Superior Court of Justice) in 1990, and was subsequently elevated to the Ontario Court of Appeal in 1995.
- "Brief Biographical Note of Justice Michael J. Moldaver". Court of Appeal for Ontario. Archived from the original on 2008-05-19. Retrieved 16 October 2011.
- Supreme Court of Canada biography
- Kirk Makin (17 October 2011). "Harper picks two Ontario appeal judges to fill Supreme Court vacancies". Toronto: The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 17 October 2011.
- Meagan Fitzpatrick (17 October 2011). "Supreme Court judge nominees named by Harper". CBC. Retrieved 17 October 2011.
- Robert Fife (16 October 2011). "Prime minister to announce 2 Supreme Court nominees". CTV News. Retrieved 16 October 2011.
- Kirk Makin (16 October 2011). "Harper to appoint Ontario judges Karakatsanis and Moldaver to Supreme Court: CTV". Toronto: The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 16 October 2011.
- Affairs, Legal (17 October 2011). "Moldaver ‘a force to be reckoned with'". The Star (Toronto).
- "PM taps Ontario judges Karakatsanis, Moldaver for Supreme Court". The Globe and Mail (Toronto). 6 September 2012.
- Affairs, Legal (14 November 2011). "Michael Moldaver’s climb to top court had blue-collar beginnings". The Star (Toronto).
|This Canadian biographical article relating to law is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|