July 13, 1962 |
Paterson, New Jersey, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Jennifer Bitterman (m. 1996–2002)
April Jace (m. 2003–14)
(her death 19 May 2014; 2 children)
Michael Jace (born July 13, 1962 in Paterson, New Jersey) is an American actor. He starred in State of Play with Russell Crowe. He is best known for his role as Los Angeles Police Officer Julien Lowe, a Christian who is conflicted about his sexuality, in the FX drama The Shield. He played Andre Tibbs on an episode of Cold Case an ex-convict mover accused of murder. On May 19, 2014, Jace was arrested and charged with fatally shooting his wife April Jace.
Jace has also acted in film: The Replacements, playing a prison inmate-turned-football player; Forrest Gump, playing a member of the Black Panthers; The Great White Hype, playing antagonist Marvin Shabazz; and The Fan, playing an arrogant ticket scalper. He also has an array of TV appearances, including the 1995 HBO TV movie Tyson (as boxer Mitch Green); Law & Order, Cold Case; and the 1999 Fox TV movie Michael Jordan: An American Hero (as Jordan).
Jace was detained by the Los Angeles Police Department on May 19, 2014. Police had responded to a home in the Hyde Park section of South Los Angeles after receiving a report of a domestic violence incident. Jace also called the police and stated, "I shot my wife." When police arrived, they found Jace's wife, April, dead from a gunshot wound. Police took Jace into custody for questioning in her death; he later confessed to the shooting. On May 22, he was formally charged with murder by the LAPD. 
- "Biographical facts on arrested actor Michael Jace". The Washington Post. May 20, 2014. Retrieved May 22, 2014.
- "Michael Jace Charged For Shooting & Killing Wife In Front Of Kids". hollywoodlife.com. May 20, 2014. Retrieved May 22, 2014.
- "April Jace – Shield Actor Michael Jace’s Wife". Daily Entertainment News. May 20, 2014. Retrieved May 20, 2014.
- "Actor Michael Jace held over fatal shooting of wife, April Jace at home in Los Angeles". CBS News. 20 May 2014. Retrieved 2014-05-20.
- Winton, Richard (20 May 2014). "'Shield' actor Michael Jace confessed to shooting wife, sources say". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 20 May 2014.