Michael K. Farr
Michael K. Farr is an award-winning author, CNBC contributor, and president of the DC investment advisory firm, Farr, Miller, & Washington. He has written three books, A Million Is Not Enough: How to Retire With the Money You'll Need, The Arrogance Cycle, and Restoring Our American Dream, which came out in 2013. Farr received a Next Generation Indie Books Finalist Award for Restoring Our American: The Best Investment in the category of Current Events/Social Change.
Michael K. Farr is President and majority owner of Farr, Miller & Washington, LLC. He is Chairman of the Investment Committee and is responsible for overseeing the day to day activities of the firm. Prior to starting the firm, he was a Principal with Alex. Brown & Sons. Farr is also a member of the Economic Club of Washington, the Young President's Organization, and the Washington Association of Money Managers. He is also the Chairman of the Sibley Memorial Hospital Foundation.
Influence in financial media
Farr is a paid contributor on CNBC television  as well as a recurring commentator for The Today Show, Good Morning America, NBC’s Nightly News, CNN, Bloomberg, Reuters, and the Nightly Business Report on PBS.
He is often heard on Associated Press Radio, CBS Radio and National Public Radio and has been quoted in the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Fortune, The Washington Post, Businessweek, USA Today, and many other publications. His market blogs can be found on CNBC.com, HuffingtonPost.com  and Politico.com.
The forward of The Arrogance Cycle was written by P. J. O'Rourke, the American political satirist, journalist, writer, and author.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (April 2013)|
Michael lives in Naples, FL with his wife and has two grown children. He is a graduate of the University of the South in Tennessee.
|[A Million Is Not Enough: How to Retire With the Money You'll Need||non-fiction||Headline Books||March 5, 2008|
|The Arrogance Cycle||non-fiction||Lyons Press||September 1, 2011|
|Restoring Our American Dream: The Best Investment||non-fiction||Springboard Press||March 2013|
- Amazon Author Profiles: Michael K Farr, http://www.amazon.com/Restoring-American-Dream-Michael-Farr/dp/0938467662/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1365087250&sr=8-2&keywords=Michael+K.+Farr
- Headline Books, http://publisherpage.com/index.php/7/59
- MEMBERSHIP DIRECTORY: http://www.economicclub.org/images/userfiles/files/ECW%20Directory%20name_title_company%202_7_14(1).pdf
- Amazon Author Profiles: Michael K Farr, CNBC, http://www.amazon.com/Michael-K.-Farr/e/B001H6UG50
- Sibley Hospital, http://www.sibleyfoundation.org/letter_chairman.html
- CNBC Profiles: Michael K Farr, CNBC, http://www.cnbc.com/id/24773872/Michael_Farr
- U.S. Stocks Decline, Wall Street Journal: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304679404579459013297350286
- Financials, retailers lead rally, Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/1999/03/05/mu2.html
- Will the Fed shrug off Katrina, Fortune: http://money.cnn.com/2005/09/20/news/economy/fed_preview/index.htm
- B.F. Saul III resigns as president of Saul Centers to start own venture, Washington Post: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-business/post/bf-saul-iii-resigns-as-president-of-saul-centers-to-start-own-venture/2012/09/07/a4d04418-f91f-11e1-8398-0327ab83ab91_blog.html
- Nasdaq takes a dive as momentum stocks cool, USA Today: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/markets/2014/04/04/nasdaq-swoons/7310829/
- CNBC Profiles, CNBC.com: http://www.cnbc.com/id/24773872
- Michael Farr, The Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-farr/
- Occupy Wall Street: The outcry against arrogance, Politico: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/66372_Page2.html