|Born||Michael Anthony Klaper|
|Education||University of Illinois College of Medicine, 1972|
Early life and education
Klaper graduated from the University of Illinois College of Medicine in 1972 and served his medical internship at Vancouver General Hospital with the University of British Columbia. He also studied obstetrics at the University of California in San Francisco.
After medical school graduation, Klaper moved between a number of locations, practiced acute care medicine, and eventually became certified in urgent care medicine. Klaper became a vegan in the early 1980s.
He maintained a medical practice in Maui, Hawaii between 1995 and 2006, and in Whangarei, New Zealand between 2006 and 2009. In 2009, he relocated to Northern California, where he is a medical consultant at the TrueNorth Health Center in Santa Rosa.
His books include Vegan Nutrition: Pure and Simple, and Pregnancy, Children, and the Vegan Diet.
- Caldwell Esselstyn
- Evidence-based medicine
- Neal D. Barnard
- Joel Fuhrman
- John A. McDougall
- Michael Greger
- Vegan nutrition
- Klaper, Michael (2000) . Vegan Nutrition: Pure and Simple (4th ed.). Kapaau, Hawaii: Gentle World. ISBN 9780929274232.
- Klaper, Michael (1991) . Pregnancy, Children, and the Vegan Diet (1st ed.). Kapaau, Hawaii: Gentle World. ISBN 978-0961424824.
- A Diet for All Reasons, VHS videotape, now free online
- "Michael Klaper, M.D. Nutritional Education Institute".
- "Dr. Michael Klaper: Vegan Health".
- "About Dr. Klaper".
- "Famed Vegan MD Michael Klaper Moves Practice to California". December 2009.
- "The Doctors at TrueNorth Health Center".
- 58:08 version of A Diet for All Reasons, YouTube source, accessed 1/21/2015
- 58:20 version of A Diet for All Reasons, DocumentaryWire, accessed 1/21/2015
- Official website
- TrueNorth Health Center website
- Mark Huberman (April 29, 2014). "Interview with Michael Klaper, M.D.". National Health Association. Retrieved November 14, 2014.
|This biographical article related to medicine in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|