Michael Koch (film director)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
July 2, 1982 |
|Occupation||Film director and actor|
Life and work
Michael Koch was singing in the Basel Boys Choir in his youth, where he achieved his first stage experiences when the choir participated in some opera productions of the Theater Basel. Koch received further stage acting education at the Young Theater of Basel and played a role in the piece Die Schaukel; he then has been invited to the prestigious Vienna Festival.
Michael Koch became internationally known for his starring role as Antonio Carrera in the most successful Swiss movie ever, Ready, steady, Charlie! in 2004.
- 2003: Ready, steady, Charlie! (actor)
- 2005: We Are the Faithful (Wir sind dir treu) (director)
- 2005: Tod einer Ärztin (TV movie)
- 2006: Beckenrand
- 2007: Liebe und Wahn (TV movie)
- 2009: Polar (director and screenplay author)
Awards and nominations
- We Are the Faithful (2005)
- 2005:Madrid International Documentary Film Festival - Audience Award for Best Short Film
- 2005:Madrid International Documentary Film Festival - Special Mention for Best Short Film
- 2006:Clermont-Ferrand film festival - Canal+ Award
- Beckenrand (2006)
- 2006:German Short Film Award - Short Film Award in Gold nomination
- 2006:Swiss Film Prize - nomination for Best Short Film
- Polar (2009)
- 2009: Berlin International Film Festival - DIALOGUE en Perspective - Special Mention
- Michael Koch's profile on Vienna Independent Shorts website
- "Kaserne Basel / Treibstoff 09: "Wilde Herzen" / Do 17.09". Kaserne-basel.ch. Retrieved 2012-03-25.
- Michael Koch. "Official website of movie ''Polar''". Polar-film.com. Retrieved 2012-03-25.