Michael Kranish at Miller Center, 2012
|Employer||The Boston Globe|
|Notable credit(s)||The Real Romney|
A graduate of Syracuse University, Michael Kranish joined the Globe in 1984. Since 1990 he has worked in the newspaper's Washington Bureau and was the White House reporter during the last two years of the presidency of George H.W. Bush and the first two years of Bill Clinton. He was the paper's national political reporter during the 1996 and 2000 campaigns. His other assignments with the Globe have included congressional reporter, New England reporter, and business writer. He previously worked for The Miami Herald and The Lakeland Ledger.
He is the co-author (with Brian C. Mooney, and Nina J. Easton) of a biography of Senator John Kerry (John F. Kerry: The Complete Biography by the Boston Globe Reporters Who Know Him Best, PublicAffairs, 2004. ISBN 1-58648-273-4), and the author of a history of Thomas Jefferson (Flight from Monticello: Thomas Jefferson at War, Oxford University Press, 2010, ISBN 9780195374629). He is co-author with Globe writer Scott Helman of The Real Romney (2012: Harper ISBN 9780062123275).
Michael Kranish lives in Silver Spring, Maryland, with his wife, Sylvia, and two daughters, Jessica and Laura.
- "Michael Kranish". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 27 November 2010.
- Poe, Marshall Poe (1 July 2010). "Michael Kranish, "Flight from Monticello: Thomas Jefferson at War"". New Books In History. Retrieved 27 November 2010.
- Scott Helman, Boston Globe webpage. Retrieved 2012-02-01.
- The Real Romney, Amazon.com webpage. Retrieved 2012-02-01.
- Rayner, Richard, "Book review: 'The Real Romney' adds fuller picture of candidate", Los Angeles Times, January 17, 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-01.
- Dowd, Maureen, "Mitt, Is This Wit?", The New York Times, January 24, 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-01.
- Flight from Monticello: Thomas Jefferson at War at OUP
- Interview with Kranish on "New Books in Biography"
|This article about a United States journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|