||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2008)|
Michael Lachowski is the bass guitar player for Pylon, a band from Athens, Georgia. He was born in Norfolk, Virginia and attended the University of Georgia art school. He and his roommate Randy Bewley formed Pylon, recruiting Curtis Crowe as a drummer, and Vanessa Briscoe Hay, a fellow student at the University of Georgia. They recorded the single "Cool/Dub", an album Gyrate, an EP, another album Chomp, and two singles. Pylon toured the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom before breaking up in 1983. They returned to tour again in 1988, and recorded another album, Chain, in 1990, before breaking up again in 1991. Pylon reformed in 2005 and continue to occasionally perform. Their first album, Gyrate Plus, was reissued on October 16, 2007 by DFA Records, New York.
Lachowski currently has a graphic design firm in Athens called Candy and a magazine called Young, Foxy and Free. He also works on occasion as a disc jockey and has been involved as a participant in the Bicycle Ride Across Georgia for years.
- Cool/Dub 7" single (Caution Records 1979)
- Gyrate LP (DB Records, Armageddon 1980)
- Pylon !! EP (DB Records, Armageddon 1980)
- Crazy/M-Train 7" single (DB Records 1981)
- Beep/Altitude 7" single (DB Records 1982)
- Four Minutes/Beep/Altitude EP (Db recs 1982)
- Chomp LP (DB Records 1983)
- Hits LP/CD (DB Records 1988)
- Chain LP/CD (Sky Records 1990)
- Gyrate Plus CD (DFA Records 2007)
- Athens, GA.: Inside/Out (1987), archive footage, interview
- Ankeny, Jason. "Pylon Biography". Allmusic.com. Rovi. Retrieved 24 April 2010.