||It has been suggested that this article be merged into Phoronix. (Discuss) Proposed since February 2014.|
Michael Larabel received a great deal of attention for starting the ATI Technologies Redblog and issuing The State of ATI Linux in the early days of operating Phoronix. He founded Phoronix on June 5, 2004 originally as a personal website but has grown in popularity among Linux users that in turn led to the formation of Phoronix Media. According to a Linux.com interview, Michael Larabel started Phoronix after being dissatisfied with Linux hardware compatibility at the time.
Larabel is also the lead developer of the Phoronix Test Suite - an open-source benchmarking software package for Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris, BSD, and Windows operating systems - and related software such as Phoromatic and PTS Desktop Live.
- New Linux look fuels old debate
- "Linux-based touchpanel targets elderly homecare". Archived from the original on 2013-01-28.
- ATI Redblog
- The State of ATI Drivers on GNU/Linux
- About Phoronix
- Phoronix Media
- Michael Larabel talks about Phoronix
- http://news.yahoo.com/s/prweb/20080605/bs_prweb/prweb995384[dead link]
- Fedora Project Wiki - Michael Larabel
- Michael Larabel, SCALE 9x - 2011 Southern California Linux Expo