|Fr. Michael Müller|
Fr. Michael Müller C.Ss.R. (1825–1899) was a prolific Catholic writer of the 19th century in the United States. Father Müller always submitted his works to two Redemptorist theologians (as the Redemptorist Congregation's rule required) and to his religious superiors before publication.
Müller ("Mueller" in English spelling) was born on December 18, 1825, in the village Brück in the German Eifel region. He joined the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer and was under the spiritual direction of Joseph Passerat. In 1851, Frater Mueller was one of eleven clerics and priests chosen by the American Redemptorist Provincial to be sent to the United States. He completed his theological studies in Cumberland, Maryland, and was ordained on March 26, 1853, by the Redemptorist Bishop of Philadelphia, John Nepomucene Neumann.
After ordination, Father Mueller took spiritual care of professed students at Cumberland. Three years later, he was appointed Superior and Novice Master at the Congregation’s foundation in Annapolis, Maryland. In subsequent years, he served the Redemptorist communities of America in a variety of capacities, including Consultor to the Provincial.
Some of his book titles 
|Wikisource has original works written by or about:
- The Blessed Eucharist: Our Greatest Treasure (1868)
- Prayer: the Key to Salvation (1874)
- Familiar Explanation of Christian Doctrine (1875) This book defended the rigorist interpretation of the doctrine of EENS, which caused some liberal priests to write against him, and Fr. Muller wrote a whole book responding to objections in 1888: The Catholic Dogma: Extra Ecclesiam Nullus Omnino Salvatur
- Triumph of the Blessed Sacrament: Or History of Nicola Aubry (1877)
- The Prodigal Son, or, The Sinner's Return to God.
- Public School Education
- God the Teacher of Mankind (1877) in nine volumes:
- Volume I. The Church and Her Enemies.
- II. The Apostles Creed.
- III. The First and Greatest Commandment.
- IV. Explanation of the Commandments continued. (Google Books)
- V. Dignity, Authority and Duties of Parents, Ecclesiastical and Civil Powers. Their Enemy.
- VI. Grace and the Sacraments.
- VII. The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.
- VIII. Holy Eucharist and Penance.
Some of his book titles http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=M%C3%BCller%2C%20Michael%201825-1899
- THE CATHOLIC DOGMA, by Father Michael Mueller (a Book Review) (Saint Benedict Center)
- The Case of Father Michael Mueller (Saint Benedict Center)