Michael Marrone (footballer)
|Date of birth||27 January 1987|
|Place of birth||Adelaide, Australia|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position||Right back|
|Current club||Shanghai Shenxin|
|Para Hills Knights|
|2008||Para Hills Knights||19||(0)|
|2009||→ Para Hills Knights (loan)||5||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21 April 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
On 25 January 2009, he made his A-League debut for Adelaide United against the Central Coast Mariners.
On 3 March 2009, Marrone was signed to a full senior contract for Adelaide after having played for their youth squad. He played 26 games for Adelaide United before signing with the new team the Melbourne Heart.
On 30 April 2010, it was announced that Marrone had signed with new A-League club Melbourne Heart for two years. He has played regularly at right back for the new club, and missed only one game in their inaugural season, which was the third Melbourne derby. In the fourth round of the season, he scored an own goal for Heart, in a match which was to end up a 2–2 draw with Perth Glory.
After the end of his first season with Melbourne Heart, Marrone travelled to the United Kingdom to partake in trials with British clubs Queens Park Rangers, Charlton Athletic and Celtic, and also played in a friendly match for Leicester City against West Bromwich Albion on 24 March 2011. He has now attracted interest from Italian Serie A side Cagliari.
He received his first call-up for the full national team by coach Pim Verbeek in preparation for the match against Indonesia in Brisbane on 3 March 2010.
- As of 17 January 2013
1 – includes A-League final series statistics
2 – includes AFC Champions League statistics; statistics included in season commencing after group stages (i.e. 2008 ACL in 2008–09 A-League season etc.)
3 – includes FIFA Club World Cup statistics
- Andrew Capel. "Young guns in limbo". News.com.au.
- By Sportal Australia (3 March 2009). "United signs two new faces". Au.fourfourtwo.com.
- "Marrone Signs For Heart's Inaugural Campaign". Melbourneheartfc.com.au.
- "A-League's best player gong swept up by Flores". Sydney Morning Herald. 7 March 2011. Retrieved 22 March 2011.
- Tanner, Rob (25 March 2011). "Sven happy with City display despite defeat in friendly". Leicester Mercury. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- Lynch, Michael (12 July 2011). "Victory dumps Hernandez for Celtic clash". The Age. Retrieved 13 July 2011.
- "Reds score four in Qantas Socceroos squad". Adelaideunited.com.au. 2 October 2012.
- "Osieck names stars to take on Saudi Arabia – Football Australia 2013". Footballaustralia.com.au.